ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phase 1 turbo conversion

Clio 172 sport
Hi, I have a 01 172 phase 1 clio, there a great little car great crack but I was pondering of the thought of fitting a turbo kit, anyone ever fit one from this company?
www.clioturbo.co.uk/upgrades.html
I was thinking about the kit number 2? It would be pretty sick with this fitted. Any drawbacks from this conversion?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
What kit have you fitted? Did u find it much quicker? Any problems?
None of them mate.

8487743cffcee83613509cbd38bd5515.jpg

Andy built mine for himself but its ended up with me. 300hp yeh its much quicker than std. Ive not ad any issues in the 18 months ive ad it.

Plenty of people HAVE ad issues with boost tho and alot seem to sell straight after. So bear in mind the more power you have the more tender she will be

Clio 172 sport
T
None of them mate.

Andy built mine for himself but its ended up with me. 300hp yeh its much quicker than std. Ive not ad any issues in the 18 months ive ad it.

Plenty of people HAVE ad issues with boost tho and alot seem to sell straight after. So bear in mind the more power you have the more tender she will be

That's a tidy setup now, how much did it set you back? Had you to strengthen the chassis?

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
@Andyrg@ ClioTurbo is the guy to ask. It's his company. Took my Clio there for belts and dephaser done and a few other odd jobs and can't fault him from a personal point of view.

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
None of them mate.

This the VAG 1.8T?