ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Polished Manifold = PICS

Clio 172 Mk2
Here is some pics of my polished manifold on my Clio 172. this looks really good, but was very hard work to get it to look like that.

So what do you guys think? Was it worth doing?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 326
  Clio 172 Mk2
It took me 2 weeks in all doing a little every night after work. I bought my self a 2nd Manifold so that I could take mine off to do it. I will be polishing the 2nd manifold and putting it on ebay in the next month or so.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
wow that looks mint! i like the 16v badge on the carbon engine cover, goes good with the polished manifold.

im also interested what tools you used to do it? do it by hand?

Clio 172 Mk2
I used Aluminium oxide paper 40 grit, then 80 grit, then go onto 200 wet n dry for ages (use it wet)
then 400 then 800 then 1200 then 1500. This can be bought at Halfords its cheap.

Then once you have done all the sanding you need to polish it with Autosol and it give you a very nice shine.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Clart said:
these engines look so much better without the covers on

Agreed,gonna take mine off this week i reckon. I'd love to polish my manifold but i just get too much sand and dust in my engine bay at the moment,wouldn't be worth doing.

Looks great though.Nice work.
John

Clio 172 Mk2
Ross16V said:
the citroen 16v badger strikes again!

otherwise looks lurvvvvly

Was unsure abought putting the 16v Badge on don’t think it looks 2 bad, but does any one else think? Should it Stay or Go?

muz

big fat japanese bus
thats sexy mate ! I am too lazy to do that would get bored half way through and pay someone to do it!

Clio 172 Mk2
furry_cup said:
hmmm vts.. not sure i like that badge.

mani look effing sweet mate, good work, nice an sparkly.

I may look for another 16v badge on ebay I did not know that badge I had on was a VTS Badge oops.

I Saved my self £110 Polishing the manifold my self.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Mk2
dannyboy172 said:
That looks great mate...top work!

How much was the spare mani?

It was only £45 from ebay with postage. ive sold it on now for the same price i got it for to another Clio Sport member.

Kris_M said:
I used Aluminium oxide paper 40 grit, then 80 grit, then go onto 200 wet n dry for ages (use it wet)
then 400 then 800 then 1200 then 1500. This can be bought at Halfords its cheap.

Then once you have done all the sanding you need to polish it with Autosol and it give you a very nice shine.

see my instructions worked well then :)

nice one.

Turbos.
Looks cool with the carbon cover. Get rid of that Saxo badge though IMO, its not like 16v is anything special these days.

Clio Williams 3
Yeah I agree with most of the others here, manifold looks amazing, so does the carbon but the 16v badge looks gay. Too many boy racers stick them all over their dashboards, body work and any other flat surface.

A less in your face badge would be good possibly? 16v is v. common these days but it's still good. For example, loadsa cars still put "i" after the model name meaning fuel injection ages after injection was nothing new. Infact, BMWs and some others still do!!

Camel
Kris_M said:
It took me 2 weeks in all doing a little every night after work. I bought my self a 2nd Manifold so that I could take mine off to do it. I will be polishing the 2nd manifold and putting it on ebay in the next month or so.

Pm me with a price before you put it on ebay looks mint