ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Problem

renault clio sport 172
Hi,
I am a typical female here and need some advice as i dont want to take my car in a garage to be looked at as they seem to have a thing for ripping us ladies off...as we dont know much about cars lol...anyway -
I have a 172 and sometimes the car wont start. It just keeps ticking over and over. It takes me about 5-6 times to finally get the car started. Other times though, the car will start no problem. Can anyone help me lol.
:)

Megane dci 130
Sounds like a Crank sensor fault, very common throughout the renault range. Take it to a garage and get them to replace the sensor and loom with the new blue modified ones.

PH1 172
Sounds like a TDC sensor as said above. Get the part from Renault and take it to a garage to get it fitted if you don't fancy trying it yourself :)

renault clio sport 172
Thanxs guys. I know i might sound stupid here but what is a Crank sensor? Is it expensive to get it fixed? Thanks :)