ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Project finally finished!

S2 106 Rallye

Alright people. Have been working on a 172 transformation for about 4 months now with me Dad (Black Fox) and its finally come together. Heres some pics that I finally managed to post (cheers Chad!), let me know what you think.

Sweet! Looks just like my brothers 172 now. Did you have to replace the wings as well? Was the back bumper a straight fit?

S2 106 Rallye

Oh yeah forgot to put that on, the wings are new too. The rear bumper does fit straight on but you need the 172 arch liners

Feckin hell, that must have taken some doing. Good on you for sticking with the original badges though (and not putting 2.0 16v on it!).

Lovely mate lovely lovely...

Is it just a plain 1.2 16 v, youve converted...Please could you link me 2 the spoiler on K Tec.....i really like it, how much did it all cost you?

aqlso could you please give a listing of what you needed 2 make your 1.2 into a 172...

Just a lil listing of the things youve done 2 your car.

Clio v6

Looks very tidy.

Did you have the engine tuned to 2.0 or just put a 2.0 lump in it?

How much did it all cost? Did it work out cheaper than buying a 172?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Cool,

If i didnt already have a 172 ;) thats what I would do to my car.

Love the spoiler though, deffo keeps with the subtle looks for the 172

Revels Mum & Sister

Looks damn good dude

Also good man for not getting 172 Badges leave um guessing

Much nicer than all the pooey aftermarket kits

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by weight on 29 June 2003

who said anything about the engine?
Ooops! My mistake I just presumed he meant he was transforming his car into a 172.

"Have been working on a 172 transformation "

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I thought that too at first, but realised it was a purely cosmetic transformation.

Looks very nice m8 but please dont go around racing as you will give the 172 a bad name, or hurry up with the NOS install :D Just out of interest I wodner how a 1.2 16 valve with same 50 shot NOS would go agaist say a valver in a side by side drag?

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 29 June 2003

Looks very nice m8 but please dont go around racing as you will give the 172 a bad name.
Nova Boy : " Just had a race with one of them there new silver CUPs, I pi**ed all over him"

Nova Boy 2: Yeah I ran into one too a blue one, musta had an Eckotek mate, It was a tad quicker"

I see what you mean Neil.

S2 106 Rallye

Dont worry Neil (Neil82cup) I wont be racing round like a muppet, been driving slowly recently just to let people av a good look!! lol How vain am I! :D

S2 106 Rallye

Heres a brief list S-Dee of whats been added: 172 Front & Rear bumpers plus arch liners, 172 Front wings, 172 Sideskirts, 172 Cup headlamp washerjet blanking covers, top & bottom grills, K-Tec Koncept roof spoiler, Lexus Lights (K-Tec), chrome bulbs alround, clear side repeaters, 17" Superleggras on 60mm PI springs (rear arches rolled @ R-Tec), modified Richbrook aerial etc

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah very nice indeed! lots of effort gone into it. Looks fackin slick....

...but its still a 1.2!