ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 READY FOR THE SCRAP HEAP!!

YESTERDAY GO 2 START MY CAR AS NORMAL , DRIVING 2 PETROL STATION WHEN EXHAUST MONITORING SYSTEM LIGHT COMES ON THE COMPUTER THEN A SUDDEN LOSS OF POWER ACCURED , SPLUTTIRING A LOT THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THE POWER WOULD RUSH BK THEN LOSE IT AGAIN . STOPED A PETROL STATION PUT PETROL IN THEN STARTED IT BK UP AND IT SOUNDED LIKE A TRACTOR IT WAS HORRIBLE:( .DROVE IT STRAIGHT HOME , THEN JUST GOT ON TO MY DRIVE AND IT PACKED IN !! CONTACTED LOCAL DEALER , TOLD ME TO BRING IT UP , SO HAD 2 GET IT TOED UP, WITH IT , THEY CANT SEEM 2 FIND WHATS WRONG WITH IT THEY ARE ON ABOUT CHANGING THE INJECTION COMPUTER OR SUM THING .. JUST REALLY PI**ED OF WITH IT :(..

ANY IDEAS WHAT IT COULD BE

nope, but urs seems to have the same problem as our first one, was not quite as bad as urs but we got a new one in the end.

urs a flame red is it. did u buy in from m reno pre owned ours is floating about somewhere

ring reno head office and complain

i take it nur on about the toxic fumes light coming on all the time

leaving car in limp mode

our happend after 2 days ownership them continued for 4 months like this, was never fixed but luckily i a mate sold me the car and it was probably easier to get a replacement then it should of been

guess being a import its gonna be kinda hard

I THATS THE ONE ,, RENAULT HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE ,, THEY THOUGHT AT FIRST IT WAS SUM THING 2 DO WITH THE AIRBAG COMPUTER??

BUT NO FAULTS ARE COMING WHEN THEY TEST IT ON THERE MACHINES..

WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE EXHAUST ITSELF NOW AND THE WHEN I WAS FIRING IT UP THE WHOLE THING WOULD RATTLE AND SHAKE AND WHEN DROPING RECS FORM 3RD 2 2ND IT WOULD DO THE SAME ??

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

tut tut these 172s hey ;) 16v is at 111k and still running strong as ever....

***aaronc touches wood***

aaron we do have it better than the new clios they seem a bit fragile lo

cr172

they wont do they just plug it in computer fault is recorded so shows up but the dont know what actaully causes the problem,

first it was a plug that had broken pins, then acc pedal then the cat then ignition the injectors then still not fixed. our old 172 had to go back to reno in france or main branch in uk to properely find the fault and fix it

most mech/reno just reset the fault and road test which the fault never happens again till its goes back to its owner

ill be well pissed if i were u too. expected for problems from 2nd hand car but new cars should be fault free for at least 3 years,

Exact same thing happend to me :(

The car was 4 weeks old, i was over on holiday in dublin with it. So go to start her in the morning and nothing, called AA (he didnt have a clue) It took renault 6 days to fix the problem. By that time the ferry was leaving in 2 hours, utterly ruined my holiday. Renault, of course, could not give a sh*t!