ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Rear Bumper

Dynamique 1.4 16v
Hiya,

does anyone know if the 172 came in two different blacks? I'm trying to buy a rear 172 bumper and seem to remember reading something about Pearl black and Black gold was this me in a day dream or is this correct?

Cheers....just wanna make sure i get the correct one or know i have to get it sprayed.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup there are two different colours out there.

Pearl Black and Black gold.

Unsure which belongs to which car, iirc the black gold is only a 182 colour?

Sorry im not much help, but beware of the colour differences.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Agreed.

Pearl black was 172 or 182 colour.

Black gold was a 182 only colour.

Black with flecks of gold in it.

Dynamique 1.4 16v
Thats great thank you so just to be sure the 172 bumper only came in pearl black? I've got a 1.4 Dynamique and wanted to get the 172 rear bumper for it.

Found a black one so this should match my car yeah?

If it's a 172 bumper, ie without the centre exhaust cut outs, it will be pearl black.

Not sure if they're a straight swap mind, you may need to bend the corners in for the wider arches. Defo have to do that with the front.

Do a search for bumpers on here.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Rear bumper is straight swap, but you need the rear 172 arch liners.

Front bumper no chance without spending some money.

Dynamique 1.4 16v
Thank you, so i have to buy the rear arch liners aswell as the bumper yes? I thought it would be a straight 20 minute job?

I've got a 53 reg black Dynamique.....

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Thank you, so i have to buy the rear arch liners aswell as the bumper yes? I thought it would be a straight 20 minute job?

I've got a 53 reg black Dynamique.....

Yup straight swap, shudnt be long roughly 20-40 mins depending how quick you work.

Get someone to help you so you dont scratch the paint work when you remove bumpers.

Arch liners are optional really, you dont need to put new ones back in. If you want to i advise getting 172 rear ones as there wider. The origional ones wont screw into place.

Dynamique 1.4 16v
Sorry this is starting to sound abit of a long job, from what i have read it was a straight swap but ru saying if i don't get the liners it will not fit properly or rattle or something?

Just thought it would be a cheapish mod.....

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
the actual bumper change is easy it will fit on and secure as normal.

Its just the arch liners that you will have trouble with. Being a different shape bumper slightly they dont simply click back into place as they are not wide enough.

Its a relativly easy mod. Dont forget to tell your insurance company you have change the bumper also. There maybe a premium for this.

Dynamique 1.4 16v
Ok sounds abit better so if i dont get them its not going to cause me any problems? Just means they will not click into place but just sit there yes? So the advantage is just they click into place properly.....sorry to be a pain I'm crap at the hands on bit but wouold love to have the 172 bumper.

Out of interest, you ask about 172's being Pearl Black but is that what colour a 1.2 Dynamique is?

I thought Pearl Black was like a supergloss black where as Dynamiques just a like solid black.