ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 running problems

Hi , I have recently brought a clio 172 2002, been having problem with the idle and when driving., has loss of power while driving, it has been decatted, with full s/s exhaust, induction kit and the previous owner had it remapped, fault codes that come up was 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 fault, p0500 and a gearbox temp sensor, the engine light comes on then flashes while driving, anyone had a same experience,

Hi Pocketrocket. The problem you describe with idle and loss of power when driving sounds like what I had, I needed to get a new injector which apparently is quite rare (according to the garage that I went to).

When I was sat at a junction or something, the idle would go dangerously low so the engine would cut out, unless I kept an eye on it and dabbed the accelerator a bit. Then it would sometimes have unpredictable power delivery (loss of power), but then sometimes it would work just fine.

I think when I was diagnosing my issue, I was hoping it was a coils issue, when looking at the tell tale signs. But sadly not.

That's for the replies, I've took out the plugs and they are in a aweful state so am going to try a new set, looks like someone done bit if a bodge and fitted a tread repair kit to one of the cylinders, so have to get a new one and fit new plugs and go from there