ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 struggling to idle and Sounds like a tank!

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Afternoon,

I started up my 2004 172 this morning and it really struggled to idle, also sounds like a tank. Once it had warmed up the idle was fine but still sounds like a tank. Any ideas what this could be? It has recently been fully serviced including the correct NGK spark plugs (within the last 3 months)

Could it be the Cat?

Thanks.

Checked the Breather tube? Mine idled like a tank also but it had just had the head gasket done and the mechanic didnt fix the breather tube back properly and it fell onto my timing belt and rubbed through it? I replaced it and all fine again :)

2010 Jetta TDi 140
I'll have a look, have recently fitted a K-Tec panel filter so may have disturbed something. Cheers for the reply.

No problem mate. If not with the engine running pull the idle sensors out one by one from the throttle body see if it affects the engine. If you find one that doesnt could be faulty? (although im no mechic I also tryed this on mine, people may say other wise)

Nick