ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 suspension on a 1.2 HELP

hi, I'm in the middle of a project on my 1.2 campus and managed to pick a donor car with all the parts I needed including interior, bodywork, suspension and brakes
I was told when I bought the car that it is sat on full 172 suspension with eibach springs and 172 brakes however the speedo and abs don't work, apparently all it needs to be fully functional are new abs rings and sensors, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the issue and which sensors/rings I would need to buy

thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is it running full 172 widetrack so hubs and driveshafts etc?

as the abs shouldn't be an issue unless the driveshafts are changed as the abs rings are part of these, I wasn't even aware they were different teeth wise? and I don't think the sensors are any different so even if it had 172 hubs it shouldn't be an issue.

is it running 172 rear discs? this could be the issue with the abs

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Look at my project thread. It depends if you run 26 teeth or 44. Just put 26 teeth abs ring on the 44 tooth. Depends on the age of your clio though.

j&r abs rings are best

thanks both, I'm pretty sure it is running full 172 widetrack as it has the shocks, springs, brakes ect off a 172
im not entirely sure where the problem is in terms of the abs sensors as the donor car i bought was only half finished, the handbrake wasnt connected up and neither were any of the abs sensors so i may just try plugging them straight into the ones on my 07 campus 1.2, or take the whole sensor off the 1.2 hub and hook it up to the 172 hub and see what happens
yeah it has got 172 rear disks, again the whole rear setup off a 172, why would this be an issue if you dont mind me asking?
thanks