ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 tyres?

clio sport 172
hi there :D Im hoping someone can help me with 172 tyres! ive searched the forum but can't seem to find anything specific to my question....
anyway, I need some tyres for my 172 and im wondering what size to get? are the 205's lower than the 195's? for some reason, i have 2x 205/45/16's and 2x 195/45/16's on my clio. I only need 2 new ones and im just wondering what is the diff and the best size to get, ive never had to change tyres before.

cheers for any help :cool:

mike

RS Clio 200
hi there :D Im hoping someone can help me with 172 tyres! ive searched the forum but can't seem to find anything specific to my question....
anyway, I need some tyres for my 172 and im wondering what size to get? are the 205's lower than the 195's? for some reason, i have 2x 205/45/16's and 2x 195/45/16's on my clio. I only need 2 new ones and im just wondering what is the diff and the best size to get, ive never had to change tyres before.

cheers for any help :cool:

mike

205 and 195 are the width mate.
so with a 205 ure getting an extra cm of rubber per wheel.

Depends how you drive as to what its worth getting... if u corner hard, then its worth gettin the 205s. If u just drive around then stick with the 195. id probably go as far as saying if you are not going to be tracking your car, stick with the 195's. 205 does make a difference, but they cost more.