ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vibration/judder when cornering

Clio 172
Hello everyone i have a 2002 Clio 172 ,when cornering right with the load on the right hand wheel a vibration is felt through the car feels as as if the tyre is skipping across the road surface.The suspension and steering has been checked an double checked,we have replaced the drivers driveshaft with a brand new Renault one and this seems to have made it worse!.The front wheels have been swapped front to rear as well.There is no abnormal wear to the tyre.
confused.gif

Golf R/Leon FR
engine mount?

cv/ball joint having excess play in it.

may need balancing. its hard to tell really just a case of try this and that and see

172 FF
I had a problem similar on my last car (fiesta rs turbo). It turned out to be an engine mount had snapped & the gforce caused by cornering was pulling the engine/gearbox off the cv joint. Only happened when turning left.
Not sure if this could happen on a clio though.

Clio 172
Thanks for the replies.All the engine and gearbox mountings are ok,i have replaced the rear gearbox mounting as the bush was split.When it faults there is no vibration through the steering wheel,its really strange as there is no abnormal tyre wear but it feels just like the tyre is skating across the road surface.I really thought the driveshaft would cure it as the inner joint was dry as the boot had failed.:(