ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 whit 17" fitted

ClioSport -01
Dotz 17" whit Dunlop 215-35-17

SNV30354.jpg

Combo
do you have to do any mods to the car to fit 17s? i am really liking the look of the scenic wheels and i think they are 17s but correct me if i am wrong!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you don't have to do any mods to get 17"s on, however I really wouldn't recommend it, 16"s are the best for sure, anyone who says otherwise is simply talking sh*t.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
you don't have to do any mods to get 17"s on, however I really wouldn't recommend it, 16"s are the best for sure, anyone who says otherwise is simply talking sh*t.

spot on.

i know from experience about 17's too... awful things for the Clio

ClioSport -01

Oh yeah! If you buy good tires 17" wheels are great! f**king bullshit that 16" is best. For trackdays maybe but not for street use.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^.

Most people with 17s on here buy them with the standard rubber alloys usually comes with. Which is more often than not Toyos or some other s**t.

Fit some Michellin Pilots (imo) and you'd have a fair comparison. 215s will offer more grip to boot aswell.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Oh yeah! If you buy good tires 17" wheels are great! f**king bulls**t that 16" is best. For trackdays maybe but not for street use.

so wrong...try hammering down a lumpy pothole-covered B road in this country on 17's!! :dead:

i've had 17" wheels... they lasted a month before i binned them for some 16" items

ClioSport -01
^.

Most people with 17s on here buy them with the standard rubber alloys usually comes with. Which is more often than not Toyos or some other s**t.

Fit some Michellin Pilots (imo) and you'd have a fair comparison. 215s will offer more grip to boot aswell.

i agree!
Dunlop sport maxx, Michelin F1, Continental Contact Sport.. Really good day use tires.

ClioSport -01
Oh yeah! If you buy good tires 17" wheels are great! f**king bulls**t that 16" is best. For trackdays maybe but not for street use.

so wrong...try hammering down a lumpy pothole-covered B road in this country on 17's!! :dead:

i've had 17" wheels... they lasted a month before i binned them for some 16" items

Go for 215-65-17 :cool: We have nice roads here...:rasp:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i'll let you off then ;)

i wish we had more good, smooth roads here.... i have coilovers too. lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I disagree i ran 16's and 17's on my old 172 for comparison's sake and if anything 17's were better, not as sharp on initial turn in but more progressive! And that was going 10 tenths around knockhill! :)

V6 wannabe's! tuttut

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I disagree i ran 16's and 17's on my old 172 for comparison's sake and if anything 17's were better, not as sharp on initial turn in but more progressive! And that was going 10 tenths around knockhill! :)

V6 wannabe's! tuttut

and no mention of the horrific tramlining under braking an compression? tuttut.

although i had 17's and Apex springs, so not the ideal setup. lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. It wasn't my tyres then!

fair enough matey, i totally agree with you... they ruin the car

ClioSport -01
They makes the car look great and i have nothing to complain about the wheels in handling. No problems at all, but the car needs 100hp more =)

What do you think about white Buddy Club P1 on the car? I think white fitts good on a silver Clio..