ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172MK2 vs CTR (yes again)

As a "virgin" racer thought Id tell U of my experience this eveneing. Dropped speed in Epping Forest form national speed limit to about 40 to let a few cars get well ahead so I could go round the forsest bends as usual (big grin time). Fairly narrow single carriage. Anyway as I got to my fave bend there are some lights coming uop damn quick. "no problem" I say. No one boythers luike I usually do and lo n behold I boot and these lamps are with me. "Oh" what do I do. Never been into burns, but couldnt help it. We approached a 40 through a bit of housing and then as the national speed limiy appeared floored again from 40.

I pulled away slightly and then the carts just kept their distance to about 95-100, by then a bend anda give way and far too much dampness.

Got to give way and there is a silver CTR there.

Absolutely noughy in it. Yes before anyone says he wasnt trying, he was. Big wave thumbs up etc. as we were in a shopping street.

As I say first real race with anything that counts and Im stoll shaky:eek: but with a big:)

Blaze

320d M Sport

Would you say the Clio was evenly matched then? How do you think you would have done off the lights?

Paddy

Paddy, the clio would be an even match for the ctr... no difference to bother about (n Hi Blaze ..;)) btw.........

At the end of the day its the driver on most cases.. Just look at the fastest drag strip times to relative power / driver......

Thanks Joe,

I could never see any "real world" dif between the two. POwer to weight the same I believe and also their is a little more torque for our babies. This would yet again the slight pull away at lowre revs. yet when that baby came on song it pulled back a little to the gear change.

U R dead right M8.

Its down to the ability (bottle?) of the driver from what I can muster. Sorry dont ask me to do it again to prove it. I value mine and other peps lives too much. (fun though:) )

Bejesus, my back space key is feekin fcukd

New KEY BNRNBD TIME

Mark

lol .. the fact is.. i KNOW . that.. YOU can drive... so I am confident in the result...

Its dem blue lights dood.. twas bloody good fun thogh eh ??...:D

wanna buy a keyboard.. £10 new earlier this year, but only £11.30 to you !!!..

:D

Sorry Paddy good to see your voice again, two months or so in France has kept me away from all your voicings.

Easy answer is that if U can pull away cleanly U will get ahead to start, then the CYRs awesome revs with BHP will pick U up then gear change same again.

Where do U want to stop. ;)

Blaze

S2000

Blaze,

As far Im concerned there is no real difference between the two cars, so I would say he was trying and you showed him!!!;)

320d M Sport

Alright Mark?!

Good to see u back to the UK then!!! Causingtrouble already, hows that beard of yours?? ;)

Paddy

nope.. twas an echo................

My quote for the month of Nov... (Might be my sig lol !)

"I am Dyslexic of Borg......... your Ass will be Laminated !"

Cool Guys,

PS PADDY. No Im not either of the potential suspects. My beard is just long stubble. Would say designer, but Im just lazy;)

Teady, not sure if the ol ticker can take it again:oops:

Mark

CTR EK9 turbo

I got beaten off the lights by a Civic Type R the other day: this was due to his highly skilled driving and going off on a very fresh orange whilst the previous cars were still going around the corner! knob end..... I wish peopled race fairly! At the drag strips, doesnt it give you a false start if you jump the red/orange? anyway, i went on green - as i always religiously do - and altho he got ahead i was glued to his back side nicely. Pretty evenly matched id say, also i had a full tank of boat fuel and a passenger!! ill get you next time Civic, next time....

:confused: The drivers of the CTRs was obviously not trying. The CTR as you know has superior BHP (Bread Hauling Potentinal ) over the 172. I can only assume these later day white van men were overlaiden!! ;)

FRS Mk3 Red edition

i owned a 172 previously to the CTR and 0-60 their will be nothing in it but 60 onwards the CTR will beat the 172.

I put the 172against my mate in his ITR and the 172 had no chance.

previous to me buying the CTR i was fortunate enough to come across a CTR on a nice clear dry road and he definetly had legs after 60.

Griff is a good friend of mine so i will put the CTR against his 172 and will post the results shortly.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 07 November 2002

At the drag strips, doesnt it give you a false start if you jump the red/orange?
Although I wouldnt claim to be an expert (I have been drag racing just the once), theres a saying amongst the quarter-mile fraternity: "If you see the green light, youve lost". A bit different from traffic lights LOL!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

KeithO - Must have been fully loaded or had brown bread ive heard that that is heavier due to the extra wheat!

Ive been up against my mate CTR and there was nothing in all the way to very high speeds on a very long straight road - he will confirm it! He sold his CTR now!!!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I always thought BHP was Beer Hauling Potential and thought my thoughts were confirmed when Captain used his bloke hauling crates of beer around analagy (spelling) to describe Power & Torque

WORKIN AT THA MO FELLA! CANT GIVE A GREAT EXPLANATION! BUT LETS JUST SAY THE TWO CARS DREW ON POINTS!

THEY LOVED THE CTRS LOOKS OVER TH CUP, OUTSIDE AND OBVIOUSLY INSIDE, PERFORMANCE THEY RATED EQUAL!!!!!!! BUT THEY PREFERED DRIVIN THE CUP, QUOTE "YOU FEEL SO MUCH MORE INVOLVED WHEN DRIVIN THE CUP! I LOVE IT" THEY SAID IT HANDLED LIKE A DREAM AND STUCK TO THE FLOOR! THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A LITTLE MUM CAR BUT ADMITTED THEY WERE PLEASANTLY SHOCKED!

I hear what you are saying about performance and I agree (they are both very well matched) but the CTR has a bird table on the back(BHP - Bird House Perch!!). No contest really.:D