ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172's on Eibach Sportlines

We wanna go lower you see...

Don't want to loose the ride quality from springs that are not progressive.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mine is on Eibach Pro's.

Clio1.gif

Abarth 595 Trufeo
fUbAr said:
Thats great, cheers fella.

have any problems with rubbing when you had the 15"s on with them?

no = never had any probs with rubbing, not when they were fitted to our mk1 172 or with the cup

H

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
I was thinking about posting exactly the same question as I'm also on Pro's at the moment but fancy the car a little lower with resorting to coilovers again. Have you thought about the H+R springs Fubar?

im having second thoughts on the Sportlines, as they dont seem to lower the car much more than my Pro's.

I also dont want to sacrifice the handling... the pro's are great springs due to their progressive nature, as are the sportlines :)

what are H&R springs like?

A well built VW
H&R are progressive springs and i have them on my clio they are only in a 30mm drop and according to the box mines fit a 172. I think they will not offer you any more of a drop than your current ones

fUbAr said:
what are H&R springs like?

Errmm, I don't really know! I understand they are progressively wound like the Eibach's. There don't seem to be many people on here with them, I think most are put off by the price and go for Apex etc instead. They do a set of springs that lower by 30mm I believe

the sportlines are supposed to be -45 Front and -30 Rear...

but judging by the pics they're clearly not too different from the Pro's.

I remember seeing some pics of Yozza's cup when he had Sportlines on and I seem to remember that looking significantly lower than standard. Not crazy low, but certainly noticeable.

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
i've got sportlines on mine and the car doesn't really look significantly lower...like someone said before, it's a noticable, but nothing drastic...

they have been installed just recently though, so i am expecting them to drop slightly more...but it won't make much difference...

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
y0z2a said:
forget how they look.

the handling is vastly improved.

/y0z

agree

for me, the visual effect wasn't all that important, i really wanted something to help reduce that nasty understeer...and i must say i'm quite impressed with the improvment...

btw: do you have koni sport or koni special on your car?...how much did they cost you?