ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18,000 mile service

Shhh

Car today been in for a 18,000 mile service, and they rang me up and said..

"the front near side tyre is worn on the edges"

We all know that this is caused by tracking, and the car has been in many times for it pulling excesively to the left. Now they are telling me that i need a new tyre, and that it needs to be tracked again. I know it does not cost a lot, but if the car fault was picked up when they "looked at it" they would of noticed it was out..and the wear would now not be as bad..???

Agree..??

So they ring me up again.."Your water pump is leaking, and we need to keep the car longer.."

Ok not a problem, as a leak is a leak..

But what they failed to notice, is that on Wednesday night, i kerbd it and cut the tyre wall, so there is a small slice.. I asked them.. "Did you notice the slice in the front LH tyre..??" they said No....cheek..

Right im on a mission.?? Should they have a go at cutting the cost on the tyre as they missed the pulling to the left when they did not check the allignment.?? Ive done 18 mile since it was kerbd..??

Help pls on kicking there ass....

Alias

it might not just be tracking. it might be a broken suspension spring that is unevening the alignment. 18,000 miles is pretty good though for ware.

b******s! Sorry for the language, but what to say! I changed the servicers for the third time up to now, because I noticed something! Example; I come to authorised Renault service provider and as I came, they are smiling and doing everything just fine! They keep asking if I have a problem with this and that and all that stuff! As I came 2nd or 3rd time they are not so nice and smiling and asking all that stupid stuff!!! I mean, they are doing all that just to get You to come there and the more You keep visiting them ,the more ugly they become!!! Psychology?!? Don´t know!!!

Find the other service provider!!!

Cup 172

went to one dealer for the 18000 mile service, they said tracking was screwed, so took it to another dealer, had it tested and there was nothing wrong with it!!some dealers are good, other sare just plain bad!!:cool:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if the tyres worn on both outer and inner edges it could have been down to low tyre pressures

mate i got an 03 clio new and within a few weeks it had developed a bad pull to the left... was always there from i got it but didnt realise notice it to start with... kept getting worse n after 4000 miles i needed a new tyre... took it in and kicked up **** they said yes well check it.... oh sir u have a slight scuff on the wheel... u rally the car so u will have to pay us to look at it....

thanks alot renault