ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 (05) alarm question??

Ford Focus ST2
wonder if you guys and girls can help!

Why is it that sometimes when i press the button on the key the car locks and beeps, and over times it just locks with no beep?

What is the beep for?

Also the bulbs flash twice both times, so i know the doors and tailgate is closed! :rolleyes:

looked at the handbook and can not find a thing about it!!!!!

Cheers
Rob

MINI JCW
My 182 alarm tends to beep when something is wrong, i.e window open, door not shut properly etc. Occasionally though it does beep when everything appears fine, so i just unlock it and lock it again using the remote key fob and its fine

Liquid yellow 182
Mine does that sometimes too. It tends to be if doors/windows are open. But also, if someone closes a door AFTER i've pressed the fob thing.

Just to steal your thunder, i also have a question: Is the alarm automatic or do you need to set it? (again with an 05 182)

106 GTi
There should be no beeps at all.

Mine only does it when the bonnet is not closed. Check the pin switch on the bonnet for the alarm.

There is a known problem where the alarm beep two or three times due to a wiring issue that the dealer should be able to sort. But this doesnt sound like whats happening to you.

106 GTi
Amy R said:
Just to steal your thunder, i also have a question: Is the alarm automatic or do you need to set it? (again with an 05 182)

Locking the doors with the fob sets the alarm

titanium 182
Its something to do with locking the doors too quickly in relation to turning the engine off or something - used to have this with mine it has been rectified at the dealers but doesn't really mean anything.

Megane Mk4
I do sometimes, I just put it down to turning the engine off and setting the alarm within a short space of one and the other...

Joys of cheap build clio's :D

Andi

Clio 182
My alarm went off at 7.30am the other day.
When I unlocked it later that day it beeped four times and the led inside flashed too, but I missed that.
Anyone happen to know what four beeps is for please ?

172 ff
I have an 05 182, would be useful to have beeps, is there no way of enabling a bleep to advise success of alarm activation?
Also what positions should the sensors be in, i may have knocked one during cleaning

Red Clio 172 MK2
Somewhere (can't remember where though) there is a guide to say what the combination of flashes and beeps are for.

It's to tell you what exactly was the problem and why the alarm went off/didn't set right.