ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ABS reluctor ring sizes

Honda CRV
I am having all sorts of fun trying to source a reluctor ring for my daughters 182.
Now apparently the 182 with extreme kit has a 44 teeth 16mm wide ABS ring
The 182 without the extreme kit has a 44 teeth 7.5mm wide ABS ring.

I have measured the ABS ring on my daughters car (it is still on the car) and it is 44 teeth 7.5mm wide and, as best as I can measure it, between 88-89mm in internal diameter.

Now the standard Clio driveshaft is approx 74.5mm in diameter so the 182 shaft is obviously beefier.
Local Renault say there is no ABS ring listed for the 182 and are trying to sell me a complete shaft for £215.

I have been told that a Megane/Laguna ABS ring should fit. Renault stealers say they will order me one but if it is wrong then I've got to buy it anyway as they don't keep them in stock!

Does anyone out there know the internal diameter of a megane drive shaft ABS ring (Renault part number 7700856416) or better still know of a source of 182 ABS rings, 7.5mm wide ?
I suppose the other question is what would be the impact of fitting the wider 16mm ring? Theoretically the extra width should have no impact on the sensor detection circuitry.

Surely a £30 quid ring should not be this difficult to get! Rocket science it ain't and somebody must be turning them out by the thousand!!!!:S
Help!! I am slowly losing the will to live :dead:

BG 182, T2 VW Camper
Reluctorrings.com made me a front reluctor ring for my 182. I required the 15mm wide one which I could not readily find elsewhere.

The thinner ones 6-7mm are more readily available from scrapyards etc as they are the same as the rear abs rings which are fitted to the brake discs.