ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alarm constantly going off

'05 Renault Clio 182
Morning guys,

I know this isn't the first thread about car alarms repeatedly going off but I have specific issues I don't think have been addressed elsewhere.

Back in may I purchased a 54 plate 182. It had its bonnet replaced with a carbon fibre wrapped one and although I had my reservations I purchased it anyway.

Okay so fast forward to august and it seems my car alarm now decides it wants to go off randomly one/two nights a week. All night. I've tried doing the sensor deactivation and it doesn't help. I've tonight resorted (after it already going off twice) to locking the car from the inside and then manually locking the passenger door. Praying this will relieve me from anymore sleepless nights worrying about my neighbours trying to kill me.

So what I'm asking is, what can I do to the alarm to stop this happening? I'm 99.9% sure this is because the bonnet has been replaced as ever since I've owned it there has been a 2 minute constant beep every time I lock the car. I'm not in a position to just be able to pay a garage to fix it unfortunately and tbf I've got enough expensive issues with this car as it is.
Really hope somebody can help as this is negatively affecting my sleep and no doubt my neighbours sleep also.

Andy

dan's cast offs.
Has it got the switch on the slam panel still?

Can also be caused by battery voltage dropping, alarm filling with water. Fwir you should get a series of flashes on the led when you unlock after the alarm has gone off? Never checked this way myself but it basically tells you what has set it off.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Read the manual (or Google for one if you don't have it).

After its gone off, check the flashes or beeps (whatever it is) that tells you it's a door, bonnet boot or sensor issue.

Start there...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's not an Arctic Blue ending in the reg HNF, is it? That was my ex-wive's car and even Renault never sorted or fixed the alarm-in-the-middle-of-the-night issue.

That said, they took three attempts at replacing my alternator - and still picked the incorrect one!

Hope you get it sorted. I remember some restless nights thinking if the alarm will or won't go off.

Clio 182
Did you solve the problem...?

This very similar to mine however door and bonnet sensors all seem to be fine as when pressed the constant beep stops.

4 beeps and flashes of indicators when I press button on key to stop it.

I really need some help sorting the alarm if anyone can help. Neighbours are threatening to smash windscreen.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Did you solve the problem...?

This very similar to mine however door and bonnet sensors all seem to be fine as when pressed the constant beep stops.

4 beeps and flashes of indicators when I press button on key to stop it.

I really need some help sorting the alarm if anyone can help. Neighbours are threatening to smash windscreen.

Probably the ultrasonic sensors triggering it which can be a common issue with age.

Try disabling them by turning the ignition on and of twice within 3 seconds then get out and lock the car within 20 seconds. It should beep 3 times to indicate they are disabled. You will have to do this every time you lock the car if it solves the problem.