ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 being a pain in the....

FF 182
Had a problem with my car just before Christmas. This turned out to be a dead battery and faulty alternator. These were both replaced and have had no problems until this morning.

Went to the car this morning to go out and it wouldn't unlock, so I went a got the spare key as I thought the battery could be dead in the main key... Still wouldn't unlock. So I unlocked the passenger door and all hell broke out. Alarm kept going off. But the car would not start. Long story short after lots of swearing a toolbox full of spanners landing on my foot, a broken letterbox where I slammed the door and a very angry wife I managed to jump start the car.

I took the car to halfords where I bought the battery and got them to test it as my first thoughts were a fault on the battery.
When he tested it the tester reported 'noise on the battery' indicating that something was draining the battery at the rate of -1V.
I have checked all interior and exterior lights, radio, heater all obvious things and nothing has been left on.

Has anyone got any idea what could be killing the battery?