ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 bonnet

Da

Less
How do you mean?

The bonnet only actually meets the bumper at the front grill, and it's about 4/5 inches maximum.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Cup
yeah i have the same issue with mine.
i keep thinking its not closed correctly.
dam thing.

cliosport 182
The bonnet sits flush with the wings, but sits up at the lights and dooesnt look like its closed properly.

Clio 182
mines exactly the same, ne one got ne pics on which to screw? what ya mean screw them down? lol

cliosport 182
its the two black rubber stops above the headlights. but mine wont screw down any further, ill remove them and see if it helps.

Clio 182
ok mate, let me know how it goes mate. sure hope it works as it really annoys me lol. i dont have my car at the moment to see which rubber ones u mean but once i get it, will sure have a peek too :) hope its the solution though:approve:

cliosport 182
no ive had a look and it wont make any difference, im not sure if it can be fixed. its strange why some bonnets sit like that.

Clio 182
ok mate, gona take it to a garage to have a look at it :) will post up if i find the reason why

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
mines exactly the same, ne one got ne pics on which to screw? what ya mean screw them down? lol

There's one on either side . They screw in or out to adjust how high or low the bonnet sits .

bonnetrubberLarge2.jpg

Clio 182
There's one on either side . They screw in or out to adjust how high or low the bonnet sits .

bonnetrubberLarge2.jpg

Hi there, i've tried that but that dont sort the problem out. I think the bonnet needs pulling towards me. Sits flush with the wings already, just not with bumper :dapprove:

cliosport 182
yes thats the same as mine, its flush with the wings but not the front bumper, im putting a new catch on it next week, hopefully it sorts it out!

RS RIP
things like this not sitting flush etc. often means the car has had damage / accidents

hope not ofcourse

clio 182
this is interseting to read. my bonnet as far as i can remember always sat flush from the day i drove it out the garage with 12 mile son the clock.
a week or so ago i had a lil ( and i mean lil) bump on the front end and my bonnet is now not sitting fluch on the grille but ive adjusted the stops and it sits flush on the wings? have been scratching my head over it for weeks and cant find a solution but cant figure it out.
if somebody finds an answer pls post it.