ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brake fade + in need of exalto's

Clio Cup 182
Ive just bought into the 182 cup lifestyle,

Have been straight off to knockhill, everything ran great!

However first to go was the breaks and quite soon - 5 strong laps, thats only about 7 miles!

i need to do 14 for the nurburgring so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and letting off the throttle is not one.

oh and anywhere for the michelin exalto 2's i need 4 asap, (its back to knockhill on monday) best quote so far has been £102 per corner fitted.
regards..

Do a search for brakes I'd personaly chnage for Ds2500's and new braided lines and disks Yozzasport etc do kits.

Clio 182 & Golf Mk1 Racer
As edde says, Ferrodo DS2500, braided lines, and good fluid.

I fitted the above with Motul RBF 600 fluid and new standard disks. I also removed the fog lights and have run ducting through to cool my brakes on the 182.

I was at Knockhill on Monday and must have done 10+ laps (iirc) with no fade and I was very hard on the brakes.

I would not worry too much about the Nurburgring however, as you are much more likely to kill your brakes at somewhere like Knockhill where there are lots of heavy braking areas. At the ring, your brakes get a bit of a chance to cool and unless you know it well, you will not be braking as late as you would on a normal trackday.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I have the above yozzasport kit & no problems here on track;)

If you have the standard 182 alloys they are pants for cooling.

Try some different alloys & tyres. Exaltos are good on road, but melt on track as side walls are too soft.

Clio 182 & Golf Mk1 Racer
I have the above yozzasport kit & no problems here on track;)

If you have the standard 182 alloys they are pants for cooling.

Try some different alloys & tyres. Exaltos are good on road, but melt on track as side walls are too soft.

Yes, very little air gets in or out of the cup wheels.

The eagle f1's do the same, completely ruined my front n/s on monday!

RB 182 Special.
When I first got my 182 I was shocked at how bad the brakes were, so I put some DS2500 pads on the front (already had Brembo discs on) and they were in a different class entirely. However, last service, a few months back, I needed to change the discs and pads all round so I put Renault discs and pads on the back (not from Renault cos they charge the Earth for them), Brembo Max Groove discs on the front with Mintex 1144 pads, braided hoses and dot 5 fluid. The difference is marked. The car now stops very, very well and I've not once experienced fade. :)

Oh, and I got all the stuff from GDI.

RB 182 Special.
got my exaltos for 90 quid a tyre fitted from a place in brum

Thats not bad mate where in brum was that?

That is indeed a good price. Two of my mates live in Aldridge and one of them got PE2s for £85 a tyre, fitted by a local garage. I'm not sure of the name but I could find out if it's any good as that's the cheapest I've heard of. COSTCO do them for £93 each fitted. They were the best I could find the other week when I was lookin' for a mate.

Prices on tyres do fluctuate almost daily though so that's worth bearing in mind. When I got a pair of PE2s a few months back, the cheapest I could find was £97 per tyre (again, fitted) at a local place, and that was about a fiver cheaper than the likes of Black Circles at the time.

clio sport 182
erm i cant remember the tyre place i got them from now,if u no birmingham its in great barr bout 4 mile from m6 junction 7