ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Brake Master Cylinder

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Good afternoon all,

My brake master cylinder has failed and I'm having difficulty sourcing a new one. I've been in contact with some genuine part's suppliers and they can't get one any anymore (part number 7701207754) so I'm a bit stuck (car is off the road now).

It looks like my options are either a repair kit or a pattern part. Can anyone recommend a pattern part which will do the job?
Thanks in advance! :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
There is different versions of it so just make sure you get this one.

Make - TEVES
Pt No - 7701207754
RRP - £136.18+vat

Im guessing you could get anyone from a 172/182 providing its a TEVES unit and not a BENDIX or BOSCH

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Thanks Marc. I went and checked my current MC (got a couple of photos) and it's definitely the short TEVES unit. Just emailed Renault Parts Direct, hopefully they can source one for me as I don't live anywhere near a Renault dealership.

Not looking forward to changing it, looks like a pig of a job!!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Thanks Marc. I went and checked my current MC (got a couple of photos) and it's definitely the short TEVES unit. Just emailed Renault Parts Direct, hopefully they can source one for me as I don't live anywhere near a Renault dealership.

Not looking forward to changing it, looks like a pig of a job!!!

I had to change mine a couple of years ago but I managed to get a new one from Renault at that point.
Teves is actually owned by Continental

As above @JB21 has one there, just check and make sure the markings are the same and you are good to go.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
@Munday I've got one with header tank and sensor. £20 delivered.

Thanks but managed to source one :)

I had to change mine a couple of years ago but I managed to get a new one from Renault at that point.
Teves is actually owned by Continental
As above @JB21 has one there, just check and make sure the markings are the same and you are good to go.

Wasn't able to get a new one in the end, had to get a second hand unit.

I've swapped it over (what a horrible job!) and have also noticed a leak around the rear offside brake caliper. Yet to bleed the brakes but pedal goes to the floor and never goes hard so I think I have a more serious issue somewhere or just a sh*t load of air in the system.