ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 / Brembos & uprated master cylinder/servo

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been ruining Brembo 4 pots on my 182 for 4 years with no issues. I’ve never had a soft peddle after prolonged use (on track) and have never had the pedal go to the floor but................... the pedal travel can be relatively long. Consistent from cold but long.

I’m sure I’ve read people have swapped out the master cylinder to 197 or 200 items.

Has anyone carried out this swap and if so has it brought the pedal back to near the top?

Mine looks like this ATM so it might be a good time to swap it out whilst the engines out

50DD3C5E-E7CB-4E5A-A64C-9C91DC337445.jpeg

While its out then might as well. Although I didn't notice a drastic change its worth it, Im just about to put my abs back in and have found both my 182 and 197 cylinders so Im going to just put the 197 back in

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve got the same problem with the peddle travel on mine too. I’d be very interested if the MK3 cylinder fits and works better.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Times moved on and I’ve now purchased a Padgid 197 master cylinder. All was going well until I tried to screw in the rear black line in. The old one appears to be M12 despite online info saying green is M12 and black is M10. Am I missing something as the black line should also be M10 not M12 as the 182 MC is the same arrangement?

Has anyone had this issue and over come?

818D4027-A7A4-4FCF-8FCC-FF6132C6FE9C.jpeg
F8859CB2-31FA-4BAD-AE10-1B831BC3E163.jpeg

Cheers

Chris

They're both m12 on the car mate. They use thicker 8mm line for the 2 lines into the pump to allow a high volume of fluid to reach the pump quicker. Some cars have 8mm and 6mm or just a smaller line for the rears into the pump. Line diameter does in fact matter

Last edited:

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
So I might be stupid but this is what I was thinking of using. Unless there’s enough brake line to crimp on a new m10 end?

F1604070-839F-4B78-9D64-C9BBCCD96A0A.png

No such thing as an m10 union for 8mm line. Ive struggled to find off the shelf m12 8mm line unions. Going to message some breakers selling bmw pumps on ebay as they use those fittings.
If you can bend the line enough because it will stick out a lot with that adapter, but you need to make sure the flare is seated correctly otherwise it will leak. I personally wouldnt, those lines are solid..

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a reason the port is M10 and not M12? Does is move less fluid? If I can find a connector fair enough but there’s no point if there’s no gain.

I would also expect the 197 version to move more fluid as it a bigger car so would therefor expect that to have bigger connections if anything?

TBH I thought this had been done many times before so just bought one. Maybe I should have googled it a bit more

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
For anyone wanting to do this my clio 197 ABS master cylinder has two ports and they are both 12mm.

AB800B7A-7856-4E71-A2C4-3FCCBCBC4768.jpeg

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an update - I purchased a second hand one and it has 2 x M12 connections. Seams like Euros sold me a duff one but at least I can get hold of them atm to send it back.........🙄😂

A94F44B7-CDD8-46D1-8912-348C1CF9C6AD.jpeg

172 Ph1
@green . In the process , but the little washers fell out after taking out the rubbers as they need to be swapped over from the 172/182 MC.

Any ideas if the go back in to the front intake of the MC.

Attachments

• IMG_6727.jpeg
    IMG_6727.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Genuinely have no idea why you'd run a 197 mc. The pedal feel is perfect with a standard 182 mc on 4 pot brembos