ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Brochures

apparently its not in print yet... well thats wot my dealer reckons... could be BS but no other dealers local to me have em either...:confused: good job this forum is about!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Yeah, spoke to my dealer and they reckon at least 2 weeks before theyll see any brochures.

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 04 March 2004

Is there such a thing ?

Has anyone spotted one ?

My dealer certainly hasnt !
Hey guys, Im new on here. Just though id add that while at renault i spotted a new 182 coming off the deilvery van. very nice. few mins later the lads at renault were taking her out for a spin!!!!! may have been genuine but i have my doubts!!

Trophy 263 + 265

ive been bugging the local dealer for 2 months now for a brochure too

who ever is in charge of marketing in the uk should be shot.

i have never seen such a unprepared launch of a new car

it must have cost them all thier advertising budget to pay va va voom this chille has more man from arsenal.

they got no money to spend for us guys to get ours hands on a brouchure:confused:

dk

911 GTS Cab

I think its crazy that they can get a car to the showroom before the brochure???????

And even when it does come I bet it will be some sort of cheap leaflet, I know I shouldnt mention a particular car but the brochure for the CTR is really nice, quality materials, about 15 pages long with loads of pics and info and really does it proud. Lets hope Renault have taken so long because it is going to be amazing (I some how doubt it though!)

clio182 - its me, and Ive been shot. The new Clio brochure will be out in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks after that will be a dedicated Renaultsport brochure with 182, V6 and the Megane 225

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by James on 05 March 2004

Consider being told "Sorry you cant order a car until the brochures are available" :eek:
Renault >>>> consider being told by everybody "Sorry im not ordering the car until the brochure is available" :eek:

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 05 March 2004

Quite agree, dont if you dont want to.
I do and i did..

I ordered mine without seeing one and without a brochure.With thanks to sites like this and car magazines who made the effort to get the new 182 into their magazines.

Im sure Renault dont give a stuff if i placed my order or not but the dont have to if you dont want to attitude suprises me...it must be nice for Renault to be able to be so layed back towards their customers if that is the policy.

Actually I do give "a stuff" if you placed an order. The brochures arent ready yet, they could have been if I wanted to use standard photography, I didnt, so weve taken shots in the Uk on a circuit. Sadly thats taken time before the cars could be here for the pics. Its now been done and the brochures are being printed now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Come on people why do you need a brochure anyway?

Ok its nice that there is one coming but chill you know how good it is!!

(Give the man a break hes done the right thing)

Tappd'd RS

do renault not offer a pdf download of their brochures? I know Ford and Honda have done it in the past.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

This thread was not aimed at any individual and it was not my intention to "Have a go" at Jeremy.

I will say though that if i walked into a dealership and complained as to a lack of brochures and was told regarding and order "dont if you dont want to" then id walk straight out and take my buisness elsewhere.My dealership knows no more than i do regarding brochures but have apologised and as it is not theier fault i accept the apology and will wait however long to see one.

Perhaps i misunderstood the comment by Jeremy and if i did then i offer an apology and i also thank him for the information regarding the brochures and why they are late.Wild horses were not going to stop me getting this car and i have one on the way without seeing one as i have said but i still want a brochure to use as reference and to keep.Im still suprised though by the reasons as to why there are still none yet..after all,Renault is a pretty big organisation and has a reputation and based on that its not unfair to take for granted the brochures would be here before or at the same time as the car !

Trophy 263 + 265

jeremy

you are actualy in charge of P.R for the new 182 for renault uk?:eek:

if so plead for your life i havent managed to get hold of a gun yet;)

pefect preperation prevents pi$$ poor performance

:D

When i worked at honda the brochures were in stock as soon as the order books opened, brochure dosent really cover the 1 for the S 2000 i still have 1 and its more of a book lol:eek:

Yes we could have had brochures out before, however we wanted some specific UK pics, not the ones that youd already seen for the 182, and therefore we had to wait for the 182 and Megane 225 to arrive here first.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Do you think that will set a trend within the motor industry,waiting for the cars to arrive in the Uk before doing brochures ?

I think not :oops:

From a customers point of view its not good enough,not really interested in the logistics and behind the scenes goings on,its simply not good enough.

From somebodys point of view who has taken the time and effort to find out more through sites like this then knowing the reasons why are appreciated,but it still goes back to the above.

dk

911 GTS Cab

calm down Funky, would you rather he told you your car was going to be an extra 3 weeks or the brochure? Yes its not an ideal situation but I still bought my car without seeing it and I must admit, I felt more excited not having seen the car until the last minute so I have enjoyed it being this way round.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I went into my telford branch the other day to ask about the 182 and they said they should have one in for next month...(april)

surely there just loosing out on loads of sales by not having a countrywide release of cars.People on here are driving them around and telford hasnt even got one in yet

Astra VXR 17/05/07

:D I am calm Dave

Like yourself i ordered my car without seeing one and at the time without even seeing a picture,i get mine next week and have still yet to see one in the flesh,i have resighned myself now to mine being the first one i see.

It has been pointed out i could of waited and rightly so,but what would of been the point in waiting when the 172 is such a good car and the reviews on the 182 claimed it to be an improvement over that,the claims at the time seem to be spot on now.If it were the new shape Clio and i was one of the first to order i would of waited because there would be nothing to base my order on.I said earlier my intention is not to have a go at anyone but i will respond to comments and like i said in my last post at the end of the day from a customer point of view its not good enough.I appreciate being told as to why there are none but its pretty bad planning all said and done.We are not talking about a dealership that has none we are talking about the whole of the Uk !! Renault knew it was coming and should of done more to see that brochures were ready,if a local shop said sorry we wanted to wait to take pics of our product to get it right then fair enough because they are a small local buisness but a Major car company...enough said..

Anyway..no amount of ranting will change anything and im sure Renault make this the first and last time they dont have brochures for a new car.

It does make it more excitable waiting for your own i agree,but i hope it doesnt catch on !