ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cat 1 alarm

When you set the alarm do the windows go up.

My uncle has got a golf and he had a cat 1 fitted and when he sets the alarm the windows go up.

Does this happen on the 182 or not?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

When i had mine fitted (imported 182) I was advised not to have this because of how the windows work on the clio. He reckoned that the motors on the windows would probably give up sooner than later with it fitted .. ??

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

somethin to do with the cut off to the power (and probably them bloody clickin relays!!!). He said BMWs and such like have some sensor or something that cuts the power immediately once fully up. This guy knows his stuff and he could have easily took me for another 50-100 quid by adding that on.

yeah with the clios with 1 touch e/w, you can actually stop the window from going up by holding the window down as it goes up, this is how the e/w thinks it completly closed

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

thats exactly right.

thats why the clio has a power surge when the window switches are pulled up when the window is closed.

the alarm would have no way of knowing the window is shut as there is no closed sensor.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

so total closure on a clio is a bad idea ?? at least the alarm guy didnt bulls**t me which is rare these days, everyones out for a quick buck!