ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Alarm going off

Clio 182
I’ve seen there’s been quite a few posts about alarms randomly going off and tried majority of the ‘fixes’ but still having the same issue.

Alarm will randomly go off, some nights it won’t go off. Other times multiple times per night. I feel like it happens more when it’s raining but I could be wrong about that.

I would get 3 flashes on the red light indicating the ultrasonic sensors has been triggered. I disabled them but turning the key 3 times. Still went off.

I have tried switching the wires around for the ultrasonic sensors (black to red) to change the sensitivity from 80% to 20% but this hasn’t helped either.

Don’t know what else to try. Going to check the scuttle drains aren’t blocked tonight but can’t imagine that would set the alarm off. Not having any issues with water ingress.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
If you’re at your wits end, I’d try cutting/ otherwise disconnecting the wires to the ultrasonic sensors, if it still goes off and the blinking still indicates the sensors have trigged it you know you’ve got an issue elsewhere, probably the alarm unit in the scuttle. Then you can reconnect the sensors if you wanted.
Also worth checking your scuttle drains are clear and the alarm isn’t underwater, that wouldn’t help.