ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Clutch adjustment

Clio 182, V8 Landy
I believe the clutch is self adjusting on these but is there anyway to give it a bit more? Bite point is very close to the top (unless they're supposed to be like this?). Anyone have a photo of the ratchet mechanism? Is it worth buying a new cable?
It had a clutch about 10k ago, prior to my ownership.
Cheers!

yep, they bite high and heavy. Unless its slipping or crunching on a gear change I wouldn't worry. They are self adjusting although you can unhook the cable from the clutch lever, push clutch all the way down and hook the cable back up. Sometimes makes a difference sometimes not. Clutch lever is under the air filter box if you have an oe one. If you've got an induction kit you get access to it easily as there nothing in the way.

PH2 172
I believe the clutch is self adjusting on these but is there anyway to give it a bit more? Bite point is very close to the top (unless they're supposed to be like this?). Anyone have a photo of the ratchet mechanism? Is it worth buying a new cable?
It had a clutch about 10k ago, prior to my ownership.
Cheers!
Good luck with that,others have asked and really never got a satisfactory answer.http://www.cliosport.net/threads/tight-clutch-high-bite.580363/

PH2 172
If its not slipping dont worry
As long as he is happy with the height of the clutch pedal relative to the brake pedal,an adjustment of the outer cable stop at the gearbox end with a number one spanner would provide a bit of slack.
number one spanner.jpg

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Thanks for the input all. It's not that heavy at all to be honest (not what I'd call heavy anyway). Actual height its heavy but very near the top - sounds fairly normal. Might go digging around tomorrow and give her a couple of tweaks!