ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Colours

GW Clio 200

Im a fecking nightmare at the moment for my salesman, I have managed to change my mind over the colour of my 182 3 times in the last 4 days.

Anyway, my question is, what colour have you ordered in or indeed bought, and if you havent bought but would like to, what colour would you get.

I change my mind every time I see another colour:oops:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Black.

Ive had a silver car. and i dont like artic or racing blue.

The yellow and the orange are the only other colours that interest me.

Went for the Arctic Blue, but like yourself, I am still debating whether I should have the Black instead.

One thing I can tell you tho, its a nightmare trying to keep clean my dark met grey 205 all these years, so went for lighter colour this time.

How does dirt show up on yours Tom, judging by the Avatar, none at all right? ;)

Ziel Nurburgring

Saw a yellow one this morning, must be an import though as i didnt think it was out in the uk. Otherwise it was doing a damn good impression of a 182. Great colour and really makes you look at the car and think "wow thats bright"

Oh the dealer had an extra option on their list when I ordered mine yesterday, something resembling special colours for £1,100.

So if you got that 1k spare, you can always go for that yellow, or that green (tho not quite remember what shade it is). Very bright and EXCLUSIVE ... for now ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by 182ed on 22 March 2004

Went for the Arctic Blue, but like yourself, I am still debating whether I should have the Black instead.

One thing I can tell you tho, its a nightmare trying to keep clean my dark met grey 205 all these years, so went for lighter colour this time.

How does dirt show up on yours Tom, judging by the Avatar, none at all right? ;)

its a f**king night mare. it gets dirty in about 45min

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 22 March 2004

silvers the fastest colour
Nah, its Mondial Blue... ;)

Would be going for Arctic Blue if I get a 182 as its virtually the same as the Mondial Blue on my Cup!

GW Clio 200

I have decided that Silver is the colour for me. I previously had Silver and really missed the colour when I bought my Cup. The mondial Blue is schweet but the Silver is fecking awesome.

I am however a wee bit aprehensive with the darker wheels and how they will look on the Silver. I have been told the contrast is really nice when seen in the flesh. I hope so......

I thought that as I was going for the Cup pack which included the Anthracite wheels I needed to have a relatively light/bright colour to provide a good contrast and make the wheels stand out. That left either silver or blue (arctic/racing) or yellow (well at £1K however nice it is, its not "that" nice)......and in the end I plumped for silver - stonechips - if and well really "when" I get them shouldnt show up as bad!

The bonnet on my Sahara Yellow 206 is starting to look a bit peppered!!

BMW 320d Sport

So what are the actual colours you can get at the moment, even if they are extra price options? Admittedly I didnt get to the stage of actually signing my name on the contract but before the test drive, I was offered black gold, racing blue, the other blue that looks like cup blue, and silver.

Now to my mind, and please dont get upset if you own a car in these colours (after all, until very recently I had a sports blue valver), 9 out of 10 172s I ever saw were silver. 100% of cups were that cup/mondial blue or whatever it was called, and 8 out of 10 Dynamiques were black. So to me theyre pretty common colours for new Clios, leaving only one feasible option - the flat racing blue colour which is actually quite nice, and it makes a change from metallics and pearls. The black gold I was told looks wicked in the sunlight but it was a dreary day and it just looked like black to me.

All of the 182 colours are new colours arent they - despite their likeness to previous colours:

- Titanium vs. Iceberg (Titanium has less blue in it and more grey)

- Arctic Blue vs. Mondial Blu (almost identical)

- Black gold vs. Black (little bits of gold)

- Racing Blue (new colour)

- Pearl Yellow (new colour)

GW Clio 200

You make a very valid point about the most common colours but there are other things to consider than exclusivity.

The main reason for me changing to a 182 was CC, I had to buy a car late last yeat due to Peugeot fukking me around for months with the 180 (boy am I glad that fell thru)

Anyway, If I were to choose my Cup it would have been Silver with CC but that was not an option as I needed the car quickly.

Having the chance to change my car again so soon has given me the opportunity to go for exactly what I want and Silver looks feckng stunning, its so easy to keep clean.

I had a silver 172 come up behind me the other day, it looked awesome in my mirror.

Imm in two minds whether to stick with the alloys that it comes with or buy a set of 17" Speedline Turinis.

Decisions that are very enjoyable to make.. :)

The colours available today are Racing Blue, then optional at £300 are Titanium, Black Gold and Arctic Blue. Also available optional at £1150 are the i.d. colours, Liquid Yellow and Paddock Green. The only colour to come is Inferno at £300 but not until the very end of the year at the earliest.

I think the Iceberg Blue (bluey tinted one) looks great, but theyve gone for Titanium on the 182 and there are too many silver cars on the road. Black Gold sounds good, but from all accounts there is not enough gold fleck in it and its hard to keep clean. Arctic Blue is a Cup rip-off (which has pissed off Cup owners) so that leaves Racing Blue. Takes some getting used to but I think will prove to be the best choice in the long run. Especially if you want to get noticed.

None of the pics do it justice, got my Racing Blue 182 on Saturday and had not seen the actual colour prior to last Tuesday.

It is very bright blue and much darker than the pics. It is the colour as shown in Car mag and it looks great. Genuinely is turning heads as it stands out so much. Also all the other shades bar the special ones are similar to 172 colours so the Racing Blue is the only one that stands out as a 182.

Not sorry I took a chance on this colour in the slightest. Dont judge ubtil you see one in the flesh..

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I made my choice based purely on what i like and not whats allready out there.

If i was given the choice of all of Renaults colours i would choose Arctic Blue which is what i went for.People who know about cars talk about the car then the colour when they see mine,and these who know nothing about cars comment on the colour.Thy all say how stunning the colour is though.I know they are not just being nicey nicey because past experiences tell me they just dont mention the colour if the dont like it.

I did think about black after seeing pics on here after i placed my order and the first 182 i saw was in black..but when i saw mine i knew id made the right choice for me..i love it :D

Mondeo STTDCI

Were missing the point...what colour is INFERNO going to be?! (all excited now lol!)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote:

The colours available today are Racing Blue, then optional at £300 are Titanium, Black Gold and Arctic Blue.
Thats a bit of a con...

The 172s were all metallic and no extra cost there, so although the 182 although it is "allegedly" the same list price as the 172 it replace, in actual fact its gonna cost you £300 more!

ive opted for titanium, with cup suspension but i am 95% sure i will be ringing the dealer 2moro to add the cup spoilers.

These didnt bother me at first but the more i see the car without em the more i get the feeling that something is missing....

dk

911 GTS Cab

gotta be racing blue with cup bits, looks the nuts and as soon as you see one even from far away you know straight away its a 182 and not a 172. Dont dismiss it!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 22 March 2004

Quote:

Arctic Blue is a Cup rip-off (which has pissed off Cup owners)
Has it?!

Im not p!ssed off...

You should be. You had a special edition car identifiable by its unique colour. Now its going to be joined by another 3000. I bet Ford wont be bringing out the Focus Sti in that mauve/blue colour of the RS.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 22 March 2004

You should be. You had a special edition car identifiable by its unique colour. Now its going to be joined by another 3000. I bet Ford wont be bringing out the Focus Sti in that mauve/blue colour of the RS.
For a start its not Mondial Blue, its Arctic Blue and does look very similar, but its not exactly the same, so theres some saving grace!

The Illiad Blue of the mk2 V6 is near as damn it the same too, as is the blue of the Megane, and there are a lot of very similar colours out there...

Also, in the case of the Williams, they were the same dark metallic blue as the 16vs, but its not hurt them!

Plus you can now get a Focus ST170 in RS blue, so bang goes that theory...

Ok, if thats true then FCUK Ford aswell!!

But I still think they should have done the 182 in a different shade. Something between Mondial and the previous 172 blue which was a tad too dark.

ive seen the 182 blue it is a good bit different from the cup. im not just saying that coz i have a cup, coz i have a 182 in arctic blue on order. the main difference is the cup interior, it is very poor, so i am glad im UPGRADING to the 182

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 22 March 2004

A good bit different? It apparently looks identical when parked next to a cup.
It does!!!

Theres an Arctic Blue 182 at my work and another Cup, they were parked opposite the other day and its very similar...