ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 constantly in limp mode

CLS, RS MEG
Hello!

I’m having issues with the EML light and the coil light (under the fuel low light) coming on, and loosing power.

It’s scanning as throttle position sensor track A.
I’ve changed the pedal and potentiometer to a good working spare, and also cleaned the contacts on both the throttle body and pedal end.

It drove perfectly to the Clio festival, and with one mile to go went into limp mode.
It got 10 miles from home going back, and it constantly went into limp mode again.

Is there anything in specific you can think of?
I checked the wiring to the throttle body for damage and it seems okay :s
Also cleaned up the big white plug near the ending bay fuse box, but to to avail :s

Thanks

Rob
IMG_0966.png

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Have you thoroughly cleaned the throttle body, including inside around the butterfly valve? Carbon deposits or mechanical wear can cause erratic signals and limp mode.

If you have access to a decent diagnostic reader that can display live data or a multimeter, you can check the voltage output from the TPS. When the throttle is closed, the TPS should read around 0.5 volts, and when fully open, around 4.5 volts.

See whether the voltage changes smoothly and consistently as you operate the throttle. It could indicate a worn part or issues with wiring or connections.

In my case, after cleaning the TB, it cured it for a few days, but the problem reoccurred. I resolved it by replacing the throttle body.