ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cruise control

Anyone else had a problem with the cruise control button flicking itself off after only a few seconds (sometimes it stays on for a couple of minutes). This is really annoying!! Does anyone know a quick fix for this or is a trip to Renault?

VaVa

Never heard that before... your not touching any of the pedals at all are you? Its fine on my 172.... take it back to the stealers... just dont expevt them to fix it!!lol!!

Sounds like a faulty switch unless your hiting the brake etc.

Renault should be able to fix it all they have to do is plug into the diagnostics whilst driving along ane see what sensor is causing the cruise to disconnect. So they will have to put some miles on it might be worth asking if you be in the car / drive the car whilst there testing if your worried about them not being to gentle.

Ford Fiesta

it sounds like a common problem others have had it on here, though thankfully not me even though Ive used mine quite a bit.

Think he means the actual physical switch near the esp button flicking back to off. Sounds like a faulty spring. Others have had it done under warranty.

picked mine up saturday havnt taken the manual out of the wallet and even i worked out how to use it within 2 minutes of playing with it on the motorway

Ford Fiesta

why not, i went out on the first night to just give it a go, stuck it in 4th, and put cruise on then used steering wheel button to take me from 25 to 55mph! lol

its good for me early morning/late nights on motorway, give my ankles a rest.

^^ Im not old though at 21!"^^

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

the cruise goes up to 123mph, i had a lil play uda night. just tweaked the speed limiter and looked how high it went.

Orange 182

Never thought cruise control would be any use to me, but I use it all the time now. I have had the problem mentioned earlier in the thread, its happened twice since I bought the car in April... I needed to reboot the car i.e. switch off and back on again before it worked on both occasions.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Cruise is a right laugh, but not for the reason you might think. Set it to 120mph, then slow down to about 50. Select 4th gear, hold your breath, remove your feet from the pedals, and hit "R".

Woooooooooosh! :D

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 30 November 2004
Cruise is a right laugh, but not for the reason you might think. Set it to 120mph, then slow down to about 50. Select 4th gear, hold your breath, remove your feet from the pedals, and hit "R".

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Mine has this problem.

On motorway only tonight and it did this.

Flick the switch, set the speed and the switch turns itself off.

Have heard of this happening to others on here b4, faulty switch i believe.

The worst aspect of the cruise is the location ot the buttons - Ive switched it on again when cornering a couple of times now - not a good idea.

Keeping your finger on the speed increase button has you at 120 mph when you only wanted to add a few Mph (thats the way it works in the BMW& its much better to use).

It also accelerates too quickly IMO - though most will say not quick enough I dont doubt!

Literally just put it in 4th and keep your finger on the increase button as said above!

Mine does the same but with a twist! The switch is fine in the cruise position but randomly flicks out of the speed limit position. This is not ideal when going through a speed camera and the car suddenly decides to take off cos the speed limiter disengages!

Switch being replaced next week.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 30 November 2004

He he first thing I tried once mine was run in! lol

Dealer ran through how it worked when I picked mine up so no need to read the manual, but as Si says it aint rocket science!

Clio 200 Cup packed

my dad had cruise fitted to his rover 220 turbo about 10years ago.

it had a slight problem of accelerating all on its own and not turning off, till you pressed the brake/clutch.

ie set it at 80 on the motor way, then all of a sudden off you went to 90, 100, 110, 120, 130

feckin madness!!!