ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cutting out and spluttering

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I posted this is the wrong section the other day and haven't got a reply yet. So will try again here.

Basically, i've had the 182 for about 3 - 4 weeks now, but over the last couple of weeks at least it's not been running right.

I've had spluttering like the car isn't getting enough fuel had this at various speeds and situations, and also the car has completely cut out a few times after hard acceleration.

For example this morning i overtook a car doing 40mph on a NSL road, so sped up quickly as there was a junction coming up, got past gapped them, then slowed down for the junction. Noticed it was clear to go so lifted of the brakes and then released the car had cut out complete. Came to a complete stop, and turned the key to try and start it up and it fired up and drove off normally again.

Now i've changed the coil pack, leads and plugs a couple nights ago and the car had seemed fine until this morning.

I've got a couple of hours spare tomorrow morning to go over the car, but i'm no mechanic and though I'm confident servicing and changing servicable parts, electrical and fault finding isn't something i've ever had to do. So a few pointers would be much appreciated.

I'm thinking i might have an issue with the fuel pump, or something along them lines