ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Decat Problem

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
About two weeks ago fitted a Decat to my 182.
About a week (300+ Miles) after fitting it the exaust emissions
warning light came on and has been on ever since.
Anyone else had this problem?
What causes it and how do I turn it off?
Any help would be appriciated, Thanks!

VRS
it will come on cos there is no catalytic convertor anymore! you can either fit a resistor or just live with having the emmisions light on

most peeps just put up with the light being on!

my decat has been on for about 4months and mine hasnt come on
**runs to touch wood** lol

182 - Now Cooper S
Im really tempted to get a de-cat - do you guys think its worth it? Does it make it alot louder and does it make motorway driving a nightmare?

VRS
barley182 said:
Im really tempted to get a de-cat - do you guys think its worth it? Does it make it alot louder and does it make motorway driving a nightmare?

my yozza decat was defo worth it :D and not really any louder than my prospeed exhaust was without it

not sure how it respond with the oe exhaust tho

Cam

182 Cup
makavelli said:
my decat has been on for about 4months and mine hasnt come on
**runs to touch wood** lol

Thats because i wore it in. ;)

barley it only makes it slightly louder on a standard exhaust, nothing major, just a little throatier.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
you can either fit a resistor or just live with having the emmisions light on

Whats the details for this resistor? Just solder in series with the second sensor? What resistance?

172 cup'd extreme
no point wiring in series as the second sensor detects a different voltage than the first, they will give exact readings and bring the light on. i tried to devise a solution to stop the light but the ossiloscope readings mess with my head i gave up

or do what i am doing and getting the light removed from the dash as well as the air bag light i could not drive around with the bloody thing on!!!....has anyone done this? does the serv light come on as well with any problems??????????

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I had a dodgy sensor on mine once are you sure it's not that?
I have my sensor in a little loop or something so it get s a sniff of fuel?
The guys at AAS done it and never had a problem with it. Been a good few months now too.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
The problem with shielding the Lamba sensor is that the heater works all the time and will shorten the life of the sensor.

I have been told the answer lies with a MIL eliminator or a lamba emulator as used by older LPG systems.........