ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 emissions fail

Hi,

i have searched through some old posts but havn't found an answer.

My 182 failed on emissions today, it failed on its high idle test.

However it also failed due to having a major leak of gas from the centre silencer, this turned out to be a hole in the side, i will be getting this fixed.

Could this affect the test? i'm hoping it does, but it is after the lambda sensor so it isnt really effecting the gases?

so i'm thinking it will probably be the cat? or sensors?

any help appreciated?

RB 182 cup
if it failed on the lambda readings then this would be caused by the leaking exhaust as the blow will draw air into the exhaust system causing the emissions probe at the back of the exhauts to think it was running lean

corsa ecoflex
also how hot was your engine when they tested it as a cold engine will give false readings...normally i will let the car tickover for 5 mins before i test it

dont really understand the readings

fast idle
HC 7 ppm
Lambda 1.14

2nd fast idle
HC 3 ppm
Lambda 1.14

is that them??

In summary results it says

fast idle
Lamb (0.97-1.03) fail

2nd fast idle
Lamb (0.97-1.03) fail

any use?

so can fixing the hole fix this? (even though it is after the cat and lambda's) cleaning the lambdas? giving the car a good drive?

or is it going to be an expensive one? lol

corsa ecoflex
if you still get trouble with it just ask the tester to run the car at 4.5k for about 20 secs,that should then bring the reading down..thats what i normally do when testing cars that are having trouble going through and it normally works..failing this a bet test should get it through