ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 err, starting, cutting out, type of issue?

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Right, wondering if any one can help me, ill explain as best I can and hope I can be pointed in the right direction

My 182 has an intermittent fault..

sometimes it fails to start, some times it tries to fire up, you get a single cough and then nothing.. or it just continueosly trys to fire with no spark

sometimes it starts with no problem and idles fine, other times it starts no problem, but the idle drops to about 900rpm, just below the 1k line or there abouts, when it drops it feels like the cars about to cut out, sometimes it does cut out, but normally starts again no problem

when driving along, the car goes abit, juddery?, and then the esp light comes on, when the esp light comes on, it will drive without issues where ever im going, but until that light comes on, it goes juddery now and again, when it feels juddery, if you push the clutch down and the revs drop to 1k, the engine dies and STOP and SERV come on til you start the car again, can turn the key off and on again, or drop the clutch while still rolling, effectively "jump starting" back to life..

now being intermittent, my local garage is having a bother finding the fault, coz' obviously when I leave the car with them, it runs a dream and im left looking like a plonker..

Few months ago I replaced the fuel pump/sender unit as the fault only occured when the fuel level reached below half way point,
since replacing this, the fault occurs at any random point on the fuel line, not just below half

Work ive had done in the last 2 weeks:

-TDC/crank shaft sensor replaced
-Lambda sensor replaced (the front one)
-Aux belt, cam belt, dephaser replaced
-Rear wheel bearings replaced (were nackered, vid in clio media somewhere)
(all genuine renault parts)

The only fault showing on garage diagnostics is Map sensor failure
so today I replaced the map sensor (left side of the upper inlet)
Problem is still there!

my dad has a basic laptop plug in kit, which shows barametric pressure failure, which i was guessing as map sensor too? havent plugged it in since I replaced that sensor earlier, but as the fault remains im sure it will say the same..

also the "on board dash diagnostics" show the fault code "t----" which I read as injectors? garage checked them and they are working fine?

im getting fed up of the car to be totally honest, and theres only so much money I can throw at it..
if any one can help point me in a direction, that would be great?!

ill be taking the car back to the garage tomorrow and telling them to keep it til it shows them the faults im describing so they dont think im a total plum!

Any help out there?

Cheers - Dano.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Just updating this today

went for a quick drive, car cut out and would not start at all, little cough trying to fire and then nothing..

I disconnected the map sensors wiring and tried to start the car

Started no problem! so I drove down to the garage with the sensor still unplugged (about 3 miles) no problems at all!

ESP light is on, but the car is running smooth as the day I bought it!

asked the garage and they say I need to buy a Genuine renault map sensor..

any one know how much they are roughly?

Cheers.