ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust manifold.

Clio sport 182
Okay so I've been getting the timing belt and dephaser done on my 182, and noticed that the manifold flange where the cat gets bolted on has one side Spring and bolt missing, looks like the hole is none existing. (Corroded) I guess the only fix is to replace the
Manifold, what's my best options for that?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Do you have a picture ? The fitting kit (springs etc) actually come with a cup which slips into the manifold - but it often looks part of the manifold due to rust.
IMAG0048.jpg

Clio sport 182
Do you have a picture ? The fitting kit (springs etc) actually come with a cup which slips into the manifold - but it often looks part of the manifold due to rust.
IMAG0048.jpg
Yeah so where the mani joins the cat the hole is corroded all the way through on the top side on your photo meaning there is nothing to clamp together I don't have a photo right now but I can in a few hours.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Hmm if the lug has completely snapped off the only option for repair would be welding I imagine. May be easier then removing the manifold, dropping subframe etc

Clio sport 182
Hmm if the lug has completely snapped off the only option for repair would be welding I imagine. May be easier then removing the manifold, dropping subframe etc

I guess this does not happen often! Does the subframe need to be completely removed?