ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust preservation

None
Hey folks,

I've just fitted a standard exhaust from the manifold back on my 182 - I've heard that these systems are prone to rot and have a lifespan of only a few years.

Will removing and painting the whole system with heatproof paint extend it's life dramatically?

If so, can anyone recommend me some paint?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
No they rot from the inside out I’m afraid.
Engines kick out a lot of water when it’s cold.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Hey folks,

I've just fitted a standard exhaust from the manifold back on my 182 - I've heard that these systems are prone to rot and have a lifespan of only a few years.

Will removing and painting the whole system with heatproof paint extend it's life dramatically?

If so, can anyone recommend me some paint?
The biggest issue is moisture internally from lack of effective heat cycling due to short journeys. Paint will to some effect help the exterior providing its suitable for the temperatures.
I do 50 miles a day and my original 182 exhaust was still plenty healthy after 70k miles and 8 years. So don’t discount their quality if kept moisture free.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Plenty of good run and heat help, we have a customer with a trophy that does 2miles a month and at MOTs the back box floods the workshop on cat test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None
Ok, that's great news as I don't really use the car often and when I do it gets plenty time to heat up.

Thanks folks!