ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust systems, what would you recommend?

Renault Clio 182
I'm know this topic has been covered time and time again, but I want to get some up to date views from anyone who has changed their standard exhaust. My rear exhaust silencer's started to corrode, so rather than getting it welded i'd rather upgrade to something that'll sound a bit nicer!

I've had a look around on the internet on various forums to see what people had recommended in the past, the Yozza exhaust was a favourite. I was originally going to go for Milltek as I had a full system on my fiesta ST, and it sounded great. But i've heard that there's issues regarding the welding quality and the exhaust sagging over time on the 182's.

My dad's FF 182 has a scorpion exhaust system and it sounds good, but I don't want to copy what's on his car entirely :laughing:. I've looked at the Scorpion RS192, and possibly the KTR exhaust system.. but i'm finding it difficult to nail it down to one system so I can make a purchase. I'll be keeping the cat/upgrading to sports cat rather than going down the decat route, but will be going for non-resonated so there's an improvement on the sound still. Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Mine has a Miltek on it, was on there when I bought it. I've had no issues with the welds on it and it sits spot on with newish mounts.

As the standard mounts are so useless I will put some powerflex inserts on, just to save changing them again at a later date.

monaco 172
Raspy. Ktec stealth for the 172 would probably be a bit more boomy iirc?
My unsilenced ktec stealth is way too loud with the cat on.
My plan eventually will be to find a silenced centre section and then decat it. I found that the best setup on my old 182

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've had all the main ones, Milltek (poor quality but nice and subtle sound), Scorpion RS 192 (bit boomy and hanger fell off), Yozza, both old and new ones (mega loud, awesome, but so so loud. Both were beautifully made too, lovely things) and now running a Janspeed which is overall my favourite, its basically completely silent bar a nice note up the rev range, ideal for a daily. and its pretty well made, lightweight and fits spot on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had a Ktec stealth on a phase 1, pretty sure was unsilenced with decat. Just made constant 'noise', was annoying.