ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 FF front spring part no?

Can anybody help please, I have searched (maybe not well enough!) to find the part number for the front springs of a 182 FF. Does anybody know that can help?

Thanks

182halfpenny

ClioSport Club Member
Can anybody help please, I have searched (maybe not well enough!) to find the part number for the front springs of a 182 FF. Does anybody know that can help?

Thanks

I can sell you one spring if your interested. I bought two as a pair but only needed to replace one snapped one. Message me if your interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys. How much do the Eibqch Prolines lower the car by and does it make the suspension a lot harsher?

182halfpenny- I have the springs now but thanks for the offer. It may be worth fitting the new spring because it's always good to keep things the same across the axle.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I have replaced a couple of broken gen. Renault front springs with new , including one which only lasted a couple of thousand miles, the Ren. ones are expensive and break all too easily if you ask me. I have now replaced with Eibach Prolines, so far so good, they sit about the same or a tad lower than the OEM and spring rate feels much the same or better (don't confuse with Eibach 'sportline' which are probably not what you are looking for).

182 FF with Proline & standard Ren. shocks
zzzzz20180609_093325.jpg

Why do you think they break so easily? I would like to have thought that they are good quality being OEM. Your car does have a nice stance actually, so they are only a tad firmer than standard then? Are the crashy at all?

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Why do you think they break so easily? I would like to have thought that they are good quality being OEM. Your car does have a nice stance actually, so they are only a tad firmer than standard then? Are the crashy at all?

I usually stick to OEM parts as they're generally better quality and 'fit', no idea why the Ren. springs are prone to breakage, just my personal experience over a few years driving carefully and low mileage, they really shouldn't be breaking -can be dangerous if a bit of spring ends up your tyre.

The Eibach springs were fitted along with new shockers, the ride feels v.good, some of this may be down to the new shocks though but definitely no regrets two years on.

Well that’s disappointing because I have just replaced my front springs with a standard set. Hopefully they last, fingers crossed!

That’s good to hear and maybe a consideration for the future.