ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Front Brake Caliper ~ Think I need a new one!!!

Skoda Octavia VRs
I have been having a few issues with my Offside Front Brake Caliper over the last few weeks, and am looking for some advice if anyone can help me?.

I have replaced the Brake Discs on my '54 Plate 182 once before, and the inner side of the disc was much more worn the outer side (this was on the Renault Standard Brake Discs, using the Renault Standard Brake Pads). I am about to replace the Discs & Pads, and have noticed that again the inner side of the Discs are much more worn than the outer side, is this a common problem / issue with Clios that other owners have experienced?.

I have a feeling that my Brake Caliper Piston may not be retracting correctly. I have broken the Caliper on a couple of occasions now, and manipulated the Piston back using a G-Clamp, but after a couple of days the Brakes begin to bind again, and the Brake Disc becomes extremely hot. I was thinking about putting a new Caliper on to the Car, but didn't want to have to resort to a 2nd hand Caliper that would probably have done more miles than my current Caliper!.

Is there anywhere that sells new Calipers to replace the existing / original Item?.. I have done a bit of searching without any success so far!.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help with my queries.

Best regards,
Gav1903

Skoda Octavia VRs
Might be a daft question, but how do I access the 'Exchange' Site that Fred mentioned?..
I don't know where the message he left has gone, it wouldn't have been removed by Site Moderators or something like that would it???...
Cheers,
GG

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Biggred.co.uk or renault do them on exchange for about £80+vat

Gman