ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 gear change indicator

Lee

BMW M2C

Yes, its a little green gearlever. Just turn the ignition on and youll see it light for a few seconds.

it does have one, you see it come on when you first start up(bottom right of the dash), i too have never seen it come on in my 182 or the cup before it

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 16 January 2005
Mine comes on at about 7,200 rpm or there abouts.

Same here, just before it reaches the limiter ir flashes on.

BMW 120i Sport

Obviously im still driving it like a granny then, ive only driven it to 7000 rpm once in its 1300 mile life. Its still loostening up I feel, so im not going to slam it to the limiter just yet.

It only shows your about 300rpm from the limiter it doesnt do it for maximum power or the optimum shift point.

Some gear change lights dont work (well the one I drove didnt).

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Its hard work trying to see it.At the point it comes on chances are you have better things to do...like watching the road !

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

agree with above you are accellerating quickly, i have only seen mine about 2 times i have even tried to look for it but i just seem to focus on the road instead (not a bad thing though)

Remapped derv Golf

Do think mine works!

Although in croydon the cup does run out of road pretty quick. Always some burk pulling out of a side turning

I only really look for the change light when its warming up to see when i can use full revs. I drive my car very hard every day and have noticed i seem to have the engine note lodged in my brain telling me to change gear just before the limiter... still manage to hit the limiter on a regular basis though, engine just revs too damn fast! lol

Yer same mondial. Ive pretty much learned when its time to change by engine pitch or a certain duration after the 5k rpm boost. Saying that, I do occasionally hit the limiter as well.

P

peterh2

Its such a shame Renault decided to set the limit at 7,250 the engine can easily take 8,000. I used to have my valvers limit set at 8,000 and whilst I never really went over 7,000 it was useful as I often just catch the limiter when grabbing for the next gear on my 182.

VaVa

Apart from maybe first, I change before the light comes on.... the power seems to be tailing off pretty quick by the time the light comes on in my 172. Works in fifth though.:eek: