ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Headlights wont'd adjust

172 Cup
Hello

I adjusted the xenons on my clio 182 but I adjusted them so that they were too high.

I've now tried adjusting them back down again, however many times I turn it though the headlights will not adjust back. (w hen adjusting my headlights up they did almost pop up quite a bit on the last turn)

Does anyone have ideas to sort this?

Thanks

Please excuse my title error. Won't*

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
They are self adjusting afaik. The sensor is on the rear axle.

172 Cup
They are self adjusting afaik. The sensor is on the rear axle.

I've already adjusted them myself, I used an alan key on the top of the headlight. It was when doing that they went up however wont adjust back down :S

Ph2 Flamer
turn them back the way they were mate. There is an electronic thing which should know where they should be levelled at. Basically whatever you did with the allen key - undo

a thirsty one
I think you may have adjusted them off the end and slipped off
The units do self adjust for weight in the far but they still need setting correctly as a start point, if you over turn the adjuster with an Allen key it can go right off the end and fall down slightly, the reason they too high now is prob because they have fell off and now loose. I done it as well once.

172 Cup
turn them back the way they were mate. There is an electronic thing which should know where they should be levelled at. Basically whatever you did with the allen key - undo

This is the thing, it wont undo. I can't turn them back with the allen key to lower them.

I think you may have adjusted them off the end and slipped off
The units do self adjust for weight in the far but they still need setting correctly as a start point, if you over turn the adjuster with an Allen key it can go right off the end and fall down slightly, the reason they too high now is prob because they have fell off and now loose. I done it as well once.

Ah yes think you have explained it! That is exactly the case I think it's over turned and as a result it will now not turn back.

Is this a case of taking the headlight out and sorting it - how would I go about it?

172 Cup
Right I have taken apart my headlight to see what was wrong. Looking at the headlight it appears that the adjuster is nackered.

I've taken a picture here showing the white part that now doesn't adjust so as a result the headlights dont adjust.

The two white parts next to the toothed wheel seem to be seperate not sure whether there meant to be like this?

Basically the white toothed wheel wont turn when the black long bit which is turned by the alan key.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2dh8lcj.jpg

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
There's probably a ball socket inside the headlight, may have popped off the ball?

172 Cup
Right i've sorted the adjustment of my headlights - however the inside of the light is wobbly. What has caused this?

350z, Subaru Legacy
Which way did you twist the adjuster motor to get it off the back of the headlights? And what did you actually do that got the headlights back down? As I am also trying to fix this same problem! Cheers

172 Cup
Which way did you twist the adjuster motor to get it off the back of the headlights? And what did you actually do that got the headlights back down? As I am also trying to fix this same problem! Cheers

Take the headlights out - then once they're out you need to take the adjustor off the back off the headlight - twist that off and take it off completely so it looks like my 2nd picture.

You then need to wind the adjustor enough so that the hole at the bottom is flush with the white plastic part - once you have done this you need to then put it back on and pull the headlight towards you so that it clicks into place.

With this done you can then put the cap back onto the adjuster and you will be able to adjust as normal.

Any problems drop me a pm.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Nice one cheers, I'll see if what you say makes sense tomorrow! I bloody hate taking the bumper off!

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182

Twist it anti-clockwise, seems like the wrong way to undo something but that's french design for you.

Re attaching everything should be all you need to do, the lights auto-level.

To the OP, if your lights are still wobbly you may have pushed the reflector/bulb carriage off one of its ball joints inside the headlight. I did this a while ago - as they're sealed units i bought a new one to the tune of £190. Now need to refurb the other to match!

350z, Subaru Legacy
Looks like I may have sorted it, will need to check later on against a wall. Cheers for the info guys!

350z, Subaru Legacy
FYI I managed to get this sorted without removing the bumper, though the O/S headlight was a bit tight to get to; still perfectly do-able.