ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 idleing

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

i know they are supposed to be a bit ruff when cold for the emmissions but the other day my mate said to me that he noticed it felt funny when idleing at traffic lights when it was warm, it hard to describe but suppose its like all the electrical bits have been switched on and put a strain on the engine for a second but the revs do not move, and if i increase the revs to just over 1k its gets rid of the ruffness.

i also went in a scienic the other day and when that was started from cold it had a smoother idle than mine when warm

does anybody else notice this, or has mine got a prob?

thanks Mark

they are very lumpy,mine did the same as yours, i found that putting optimax in made mine run alot better (i know its contreversial but it did it for me !!)

ps there not just lumpy when cold, there lumpy all the time because of the cams

Yaris Hybrid

Mine is like this. It feels like it might cut out but the rev counter doesnt move. I can definitely feel the car shake a bit when it does it.

It tends to do it when the engine is warm and ticks over at lower revs. When cold it revs a bit higher on tickover and avoids the lumpy feeling.

I run mine on nothing but Optimax.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

^^^^^^^i used to run sainsburys super and now i have gone to optimax it appears a lot better.....

might be that placebo effect though... i am convinced optimax is better

3 Series xdrive

I got mine checked out by Renault, they said it was normal(surprise surprise) something to do with the injectors or something aparently:confused:

Quote: Originally posted by daz182 on 26 February 2005

I got mine checked out by Renault, they said it was normal(surprise surprise) something to do with the injectors or something aparently:confused:
?? oh, i thought it was the cams ?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

when i first had the car i used to put normal unleaded in but then i changed to super it did make it better but i think i notice it more now my mate has mentioned it.