ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Loud tapping from cold start

rs182 r 5 gt turbo
Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help me at all, not long done uprated cat cam springs as a valve spring snapped on me, done new belts etc and had the car back on the road for a month or so now. The other day whilst out and driving along at about 40 I heard a loud tapping/ticking noise from under the bonnet, pulled up and sounds like hydraulic lifters are tapping away more around the the camshaft area of cylinder 2 and 3. Got a few friends saying it’s dephaser but I’m not sure, had the cam pulley cover off and I wouldn’t say the noise is coming from the dephaser. Slight loss of power and running lumpy now too and when revved the noise is louder and faster even up to 5k revs. Car was running perfect and started to smell of exhaust fumes and for a few days prior to this happening with and pulling up to a stop the revs would hold at about 1200 and then after a few seconds back down to around 800. Any help would be very appreciated

rs182 r 5 gt turbo
Videos and I know they don’t do any justice but might help

Attachments

• 4798F1FD-51DE-4B9F-82C5-38EF9FA37C5F.mp4
    4.3 MB
  • 66C39F16-736F-4669-B203-4A54BDF94B8C.mp4
    1.8 MB