ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Magnex, problems with fitment help...

Right it is a Magnex cat back slash cut version. Which i had fitted today by a good company (or maybe not!!!).

Looking at it the left pipe sits slightly off to the right so when the car is idling or as i pull away it is catching the bumper causing this horrid and quite honestly unacceptable vibration.

I have phoned the people that fitted it and they have basically told me there is nothing they can do and that i should speak to Magnex.

Pepole who have had theres fitted was there any problems with yours doing this? What exactly can you suggest that I do?

Im pretty pissed of really coz ive paid the best part of £400 for all this and i dont expect it to catch bumpers it sounds sh*t!!!!!!!!

Please help

Rob.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Post some pics my help.

Mine fitted OK just had to centre the both pipes up, by adjusting the brackets (bending) and the joint here the CAT!

Hello mate there is no way i can get any pics up. I do remember looking at your fitted magnex though....

Ive just been and got under the car myself to have a look a see what is going on I did think that maybe you could change the mountings but you cant coz there atached in the metal casing. It seem to me like if i jammed something in the mount to stop it moving then all will be fine that to me seems to be the problem???????

What brackets did you bend? If those exhaust mounts wasnt so flimsy it wouldnt move about as much as it does im sure, it looks like nothing can be adjusted???

Rob.

have got the cat back straight cut and sits not too bad but have whistling noise from center section area sounds poor when giving it hard time as if exhaust blowing or one of these whistle stuck in back of exhaust how do yours sound

Sound wise mate at low revs its quite boomy but nice, not loud at all really! When i floor it the boomyness goes and it has a kind of a tinny roar if that makes sense?!?

Noise wise do these systems change as time goes by?

As for my problem with it rattling on the bumper im gonna try and use some cable ties to restict the movent of the flimsy mounts, its all i can think of doing coz they dont look like than can be changed for a stiffer option...................

Derek as for the whistle the only thing that i have noticed is the induction has got a bit louder......

Rob.

[Edited by rwaterman on 12 July 2005 at 12:31am]

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Quote: Originally posted by rwaterman on 11 July 2005

What brackets did you bend? If those exhaust mounts wasnt so flimsy it wouldnt move about as much as it does im sure, it looks like nothing can be adjusted???

Rob.
Bent the rear brackets so to centre the tailpipes, use a bar or ring spanner and pull away.

Also near the CAT if you adjust that exhaust clamp, it will give you some clearence at the rear tail pipes.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Right it is a Magnex cat back slash cut version. Which i had fitted today by a good company (or maybe not!!!).

Looking at it the left pipe sits slightly off to the right so when the car is idling or as i pull away it is catching the bumper causing this horrid and quite honestly unacceptable vibration.

I have phoned the people that fitted it and they have basically told me there is nothing they can do and that i should speak to Magnex.

Pepole who have had theres fitted was there any problems with yours doing this? What exactly can you suggest that I do?

Im pretty pissed of really coz ive paid the best part of £400 for all this and i dont expect it to catch bumpers it sounds sh*t!!!!!!!!

Please help

Rob.
I hate dealing with people like that ! especially when they have already taken your money.

What is hard about saying "pop down, i stick it on the ramp and take a look to see what we can do".

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 12 July 2005

Please help

Rob.
I hate dealing with people like that ! especially when they have already taken your money.

What is hard about saying "pop down, i stick it on the ramp and take a look to see what we can do".
I know mate i could tell from the way they were on the phone to me that they wasnt interested, Im gonna have a crack myself see what i can do if not MSA182 i will probably be in touch soon...........

Rob.