ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a182 manifold but the flange where it joins the cat is a bit rusty..

Can these be replaced?!

cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ha. Rusty flange.

Yeah, any custom exhaust place should be able to do it.

If it's on the car still it'll be a pain in the arse mind you

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the info, it’s off the car so will be easier to fix hopefully..

Did all 182 manifolds have a dent in them?

cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Easy then aye.

The later ones do. The very early ones didn't and it caused an issue where they hit the arb. So Renault got the big hammer out and fixed the issue.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Aw, I thought they had been supplied all straight when new but dented to be retro fitted into 172’s..

Learn something new every day :) lol

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I had a vband fitted with the manifold on the car. Obviously easier when off but totally do-able

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Alternative is to buy a 172 manifold and use the flange off that. They seem to have worn better due to the location on the car. They are cheap to pick up as nobody wants them!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Alternative is to buy a 172 manifold and use the flange off that. They seem to have worn better due to the location on the car. They are cheap to pick up as nobody wants them!
That's a lot of effort to use a used flange 😂

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Does seem like a lot of effort, cheaper to just buy and fettle a new one off eBay.
Or even cheaper grind out the middle of a couple of nuts and weld them on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Do it properly once 😎
20181130_155127.jpg
20181130_165629.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
But then you still have to use a crappy flange with £20 fitting kits.

But if you wanted to change a decat / cat etc you'll need to weld the vband on so swings and roundabouts depending on future plans. I've had to use an aftermarket cat which I know will be an ongoing pain so it's the simplest route.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Vband all the way. Spend the bit extra and do it right once. Also easier if you plan on swapping a cat for a decat come MOT time

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
My 172 has v band on the 182 manifold and a link pipe with a flexi. It's the best thing ever!

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Can you buy the flange needed separately or best to get it made up?

Got the manifold and want it sorted..

Anyone recommend somebody local to Gloucestershire..

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sorry to hijack but will the 182 manifold come off without dropping the subframe? I really don’t want to have the chew on of doing it. More than happy to get the grinder out to chop it if needs be cos the turbo downpipe should fit with the subframe in situ I suppose?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack but will the 182 manifold come off without dropping the subframe? I really don’t want to have the chew on of doing it. More than happy to get the grinder out to chop it if needs be cos the turbo downpipe should fit with the subframe in situ I suppose?
Itll probably come out with an angle grinder, definitely wont come out without removing the subframe in one piece. A reciprocating saw might be better imho

Turbo downpipe fitting depends on who made it. Shouldnt need undertray removing.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As above cutting them out with a grinders a bit of a nightmare, recip saws better.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Surely you're going to be removing the engine to drill your oil return anyway? Just do the manifold then

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Surely you're going to be removing the engine to drill your oil return anyway? Just do the manifold then

No, engine will be staying put. The oil return is going into the sump.

To be fair, the subframe might come off without too much bother but given how lovely the bolts look I’m not hopeful! Recip saw it is if it all goes wrong 😎