ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Midrange Pickup

VaVa
It is in the Ph1 172 mate - The ratios were shortened in the Ph2 172 to compensate for the extra weight. Hence why the Cups are usually the fastest - They are lighter than the Ph1 172 and have a shorter ratio gearbox.

Laingo said:
It is in the Ph1 172 mate - The ratios were shortened in the Ph2 172 to compensate for the extra weight. Hence why the Cups are usually the fastest - They are lighter than the Ph1 172 and have a shorter ratio gearbox.

aaah, thought I was seeing and hearing things when my mate tells me I almost did 80mph in 2nd... still not sure about that... may have to test it when I'm a little more used to it lol

You will do between 70-80mph in your car in 2nd Jon. lol

The rev limiter is raised, I used to get around 70mph out of 2nd.

f**k me... he wasn't kidding then... this lad owns a TUNED Porsche GT2 with 580bhp and he was even impressed... so expect to see another Ph1 on bodies soon as he's going to have one built to similar spec for a fun run about... best bit is now I'm getting a go in a GT2!!! AV IT!

Chris, what's 4th do, I have a rough idea, but didn't really think I read it right, although again my mate seems to have a good idea what it might be... might be best to PM it as it's not really a speed to be boasting about on a public forum... if you know what I mean lol

Notorious said:
4th is 125 mph with an rsport in a cup is'nt it..?

it's a fair bit more than that I think on this Ph1... my Williams with 2 live's ECU would do about 125mph in 4th from what I remember, as I was changing into 5th on the back straight at Donny in the afternoon just before having to anchor on for the chicane

Nippy white cup
Yep 4th is 125 with the rsport......mine is about 118 with the Chipwizards and it seems to pull well enough in 5th at that anyway

Chris

I'm not sure Jon, can't remember to be honest.

I know my v6 does about 140mph in 5th without changing to 6th :)

well with all that torque it doesn't matter anyway Chris, it's not far off mine and that's with cams and ITB's! :eek: Did Wayne up the limiter from standard then, what did the RSport rev at?

Chris K - how I would love to have a 6th gear! lol
Is the Vee limited to 155mph then?

Scirocco GT 210
Laingo said:

Yeah the gear ratios are crazy long in the phase 1. Not quite bad enough to do 75mph in 2nd though!

Nippy white cup
TheJesus said:
well with all that torque it doesn't matter anyway Chris, it's not far off mine and that's with cams and ITB's! :eek: Did Wayne up the limiter from standard then, what did the RSport rev at?

Chris K - how I would love to have a 6th gear! lol
Is the Vee limited to 155mph then?

He slightly upped 1st and I think 3rd and 4th...felt good against a 182 tonight if it was trying

Chris

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
you had a doo with Chris then Jon?

We need to have some comparisons lads.....then how about 4th gear from 1500 rpm Jesus?;)

you should pan all 182's pretty much in yours Chris, my Williams had absolutely no trouble with just cams... with 2 lives chip it was just pointless! lol

Mart, not really had any doo's against another Clio yet... briefly toyed with Andy's Williams 2 but thats about it... would love a run against some Clio's though to see what it can do! I'm fairly confident it will be quicker than most Clio's on the road... down the strip I'm not so sure, the Williams gets off the line FAR better, plus I have the dreaded 1st gear knock, so hard launches are a no no anyway... time for an uprated dog bone mount I think!

Nippy white cup
Naaa me and Jon haven`t had a play...I think he meant that our torque figs aren`t miles different. I had a little play with a 182 last night and if he was giving his all (which it looked like he was) then it was very easy to catch and pass him

Chris