ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Newbie...

Clio 182 FF
Afternoon all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but as the above states i'm a Newbie..

I resently brought an immaculate black 54 reg 182 (cup packs) and pick this up next Saturday.

After having mostly fords, my last car was an 02 Audi s3. A lovely amazingly quick car (remapped to 265bhp)..But the whole speil about Audi's being reliable is rubbish. I had no end of issues with the car, not major problems just expensive niggly issues. The final straw was the window regulator breaking and Audi wanting £400 :mad:.

So i sold up to someone with deeper pockets and picked a Clio 182 for the turn the key and drive fun. A couple of friends have had 172 and the handling of those was go-kartesque.

Fingers crossed to putting a smile back on my face:cool:

I have a couple of questions....
1. Are there any common faults that i should be aware of?
2. Should all Clios have been recalled for their bonnet clasps?
3. Any tips for an induction kit?

Many thanks

Steve.

Hyundai i40
I have a couple of questions....
1. Are there any common faults that i should be aware of?
2. Should all Clios have been recalled for their bonnet clasps?
3. Any tips for an induction kit?

1. They are pretty good as long as there well looks after, have a look around the forum, you will pick up on odd problems
2. Contact renault they should know if it has been recalled or not
3. From feed back on here, filters are better than induction kits, have a search, plenty of thread on it

Oh and welcome

clio 182 FF + chipped
welcome, There's a huge thread of here somewhere called something like things you dont like about your 182 have a read of that.

Only common things that bug me about my 182 is the leaking headlight jet which is a common fault and the cold start drive, i have to leave it 5 mins to warm up before driving off esle it likes to bunny hop up the road. But im told either a new exhaust sensor or coolant sensor would fix this. So nothing majorly expensive.

Other than that which arent really problems im sure you will love it, they do handle well!

RB & LY 182
welcome steve

common faults;
1. washer jets leaking.
2. the big steering wheel
3. not gr8 when cold 5-10 miles at least b4 full enjoyment.
4. needs lowering with eibach springs (30mm) standard springs to high

also induction kits arnt the answere air filters are miles better.
ive just ordered the itg maxogen £320 plus vat to buy.
expensive i know but very effective and its the best 1 by a country mile!!

enjoy