ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 not sounding well + flashing eml and no power (with a vid)

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
I'm in the middle of fixing my poorly 182 and I'm now a bit stuck. I had an oil leak via vvt solenoid seal, cleaned that mess up, replaced the seal and replaced all 4 spark plugs while I was at it, 3 of which looked like the engine was running lean. But I still have the same poorly running engine. The eml flashes on and off after around 15 seconds of starting the car and it doesn't stop. I plugged in my diagnostic tool which is saying no codes? (cheap reader but connects fine etc). When driving, the engine also has no power and struggles setting off/accelerating. The engine sounds weird to my previous 182 (and quieter) so I've got a clip of it in the link below to see if it helps any of you diagnose it. You can hear the exhaust just as I start it and get out the car, which is also making a rather loud rattling noise, not sure if that is shaking, causing the car to shake, or the engine is shaking, shaking the car and exhaust about :S Any help is appreciated :)

th_IMG_0863.gif