ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on last legs...

133/225/CLS AMG
scooby said:
I have had the same poor reliability as you. Constant problems since buying the car in October 2004. I had a 172 before hand and had same reliability issues. I can honestly say I will never buy a Renault again. Don't get me wrong the car is a lot of fun and is a performance bargain. I will be selling my 182 in October to buy a new Focus ST3. Hopefully i will not be dissapointed!

It does seem that people get understandably put of when they get problems with their car, tends to put you off that brand.

I was lucky that my 172 only ever had 2 warranty issues that actually needed to go back to a dealership, that was from new over 2 years.

I wouldn't bet on a Ford being any better built than Renault though. The build quality on the Megane 225 is significanltly more solid than the 172 I had!!

Get a Mk2 1 or 2 year old dci 65 or 80. Then get the extended warently so thats 3 yrs of motoring covered by Renault. The new car has worse MPG as its heavier and there more expensive anyway.
I drtive minbe quite hard but its always 55mpg on the road even track work its just below 30mpg. Pads are standard and never fade for £17 tyres are £40 and last me 12k (I said I drive hard) its never let me down even with all the abuse plus if your feeling keen you can lap on track days a few seconds slower than a 172/182 is possible if you go mad on track even on stock suspsension tyres and pads.

Clio 172 mk2
Definately sounds like a a bad egg from the start....that's a lot of things to go wrong on a car that new.