ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 owner new to the forum

Clio 182
Ayup!

I've had my 182 for 2 years but only just joined here. It's a nice late full fat model and I've tried to keep it nice (could do with a polish sorry!!)

I got a bit itchy a few months ago and started obsessing over changing it for a 200. Went to test one out - another late full fat - but wasn't inspired enough to part with the money. It was a great car, lovely spec with recaros, but compared to the 182 I honestly didn't enjoy it as much. The comfort just doesn't replace the feel for me. Maybe it's just me, and I'm sure the conversation about 182 vs 197 vs 200 has been thrashed out to death. I guess it mainly depends what kind of driving you're doing. But my 182 feels a lot more fun to me even when I'm just pootling about. So after a lot of messing about looking for the right car, I've decided to keep it.

It's pretty much stock, so I'll probably finally try and invest some into making it more responsive with a few refreshers to suspension brakes induction etc. and maybe get a steering wheel re-trim to get that new car feeling! It came with an RSTuner which I've never used but which I think the previous owner used to set it up so I need to get into that too. It's been good to read through the things other people have done to theirs. If anyone's got recommendations that'd be cool.
092527A7-AFC9-4E79-84E3-C5F546C300F6_1_201_a.jpeg

62D56A5E-61CA-4AB4-93C8-3FD1E39CD33D.jpeg
3A88077E-7C32-4886-A8B9-2A6E159DEFA8.jpeg
5EAD9E61-A20A-469A-9266-DE4D7DCEC7A4.jpeg

98A6DCB1-FEB4-4B06-AA37-7A6F7C605E3A.jpeg
0B1AA469-749E-4CAE-B552-FAABB26652F2.jpeg

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Looks a nice tidy example. I would definitely recommend getting Snappy to retrim the steering wheel. A suspension refresh is also worthwhile. Parts are relatively well priced from RPD.

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I agree it looks nice. I would leave it as it is and just keep nice. Spend your money on maintaining it. Maybe the snappy wheel as they are lovely though and some poly exhaust mount inserts.

Clio 182
I got in touch with snappy a while back and was put in the queue but never chased it up. I'll give him a nudge. Thinking of going for something like this one, just keeping it smart. And thanks for the tip about exhaust mounts.. any you'd recommend?

Unknown.jpeg

Clio Sport Mk2 172
Is that a Yorkshire greeting to your post ? Car looks great and right decision.
I'm new to this forum and car so can't help with any advice yet but good luck with any power/response upgrades etc
Mines had new lowering springs fitted which makes it very responsive and i'm hoping new stainless steel exhaust system will improve performance.
Jon

Clio 182
Is that a Yorkshire greeting to your post ? Car looks great and right decision.
I'm new to this forum and car so can't help with any advice yet but good luck with any power/response upgrades etc
Mines had new lowering springs fitted which makes it very responsive and i'm hoping new stainless steel exhaust system will improve performance.
Jon
Nottingham! Should have said "me duck" too soz

Clio 182
Talking about the centre band reminds me that even though I've had the alignment done somewhere recently with really good equipment the geometry must be slightly off as the camber is at unequal amounts. Need to get some camber bolts

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome, car looks great and plans sound ideal, sympathetic modifications where required.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
Nice mate, what intake are you thinking of?

I sell really nice intake/battery covers, may have seen them on Facebook, cfab.

Clio 172 2001
Great car and agree on the colour :). Looks really tidy, when I started giving mine some closer inspection I started from underneath, its amazing how good things can look on the surface till you realise one of your sills is rotted through! If you haven't already take the plastic off and give everything a check before you spend big.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard. It seems opinion on silver 182's have become more positive recently, and why not as they do look smart. A suspension refresh and new engine mounts will make it feel nice and tight if they are still all original. Other than that I'd say keeping it oem will keep it's value up.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Colour is a fashionable thing isn’t it. I remember when white cars were the absolute kiss of death. To the point where we wouldn’t stock them new or used! This was back in a time where silver was the must have colour. It then went right off the boil and I think it’s starting to come back. Personally I love it, to the point I purposely looked for a silver 182. I know the Facebook boys think they are worth nothing, but that means nothing to me